Cowboys From Hell review by Pantera

• Released: Jul 24, 1990
Pantera: Cowboys From Hell

Adrenaline. That's what's come to mind everytime I listen to this record. The riffs are all muscular, heavy and seem to crash through walls, ripping through buidings, obliterating everything in its path. The albums worth buying just for Dimebag's solos. All of them compliment the songs rhythm and never seem out of place. Mindless shredding? I think not. Another thing that stands out is the fantastic drum work. All of the members work together to make each song perfect.

The lytics at first seem a bit silly, but after a few listens, the songs just wouldn't be 'right' without them. They meld effortlesly with and work alongside the muscular riffs and grooves, but never get lost within them. The singing and deliverys great too. I don't know his name, but he can belt everything from heavy growls to well anything. His voice seems to be a mix of Dave Mustain and James Hetfield.

This was my 1st Pantera album. It's a masterpiece in all ways possible. Couldn't have been better really.

nothingface187
    "I don't know his name, but he can belt everything from heavy growls to well anything." His Name is Phil Aselmo, goddamn boy, every metal head should know that!