Far Beyond Driven review by Pantera

• Released: Mar 22, 1994
Pantera: Far Beyond Driven

The sound on this album is just overwhelmingly astonishing. Dimebag Darell is my favourite and Pantera is my favourite band of all time. Dimebag is one skilled guitarist man whether he does some really soft songs or hardcore ones (which is what Pantera all about), his solos in this album are just amazing and it sucks that he died and I was so pissed off when I heard about that, that I didn't evenc are about what happened to the guy that killed him. Vinnie does an amazing job on his drums and they flow very nicely with the music and his double bass drumming skill is insane. The bass on this album is amazing but why did the best bass line have to be on the worst song on this album (Good Friends and A Bottle Of Pills), but overall the sound on this album was just pure gold.

Phil Anselmo is amazing when it comes down to his songwriting skill, he is one of the best metal writers in history. Most of the songs on this album are about just kicking ass and having no respect for people, and some are about drug addictions, or they can be just plain emotional on some songs. So yah the lyrics were amazing. Oh yah just one more thing if you just got into Pantera don't buy this album because you will literally hate them start off with something less heavier like Cowboys From Hell or Vulgar Display Of Power just to get used to it, but if you are a metalhead buy it the lyrics will not disappoint.

This album cannot compare to any other bands well because Pantera are the best band ever and I don't know any other band that has a style just like their. I don't have any favourite songs but 11 songs kicked ass but Good Friends And A Bottle of Pills was a track that was honestly unnecesary on this album because it's just these lyrics that don't even make sense and Phil screaming and yelling motherf--ker, that just doesn't make any sense. I love everything about this album except the song that I hate as I mentioned above, when you buy the album plz skip that song. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy this album because it just kicks major ass and Pantera are my fav band of all time.