I Am the Night review by Pantera

• Released: Jan 1, 1985
Pantera: I Am the Night

The sound on this album is pure gold. The guitars on this album are brutally amazing, it has a more classic rock guitar style kind of feel to it than the original releases of Panteras albums. The drums on this album are really good I mean Phil can still bang the shit out of them and in this album he has kind of an AC/DC style of drumming. The bass on this album is just pure amazing and once again has that classic rock feel to it. So the sound on this album was really, really good.

The lyrics on this album are like normal classic rock and roll lyrics like something AC/DC or Rolling Stones would sing. David is a really good singer and he has a really good songwriting structure and his lyrics are really gold.

This album cannot compare to any other albums because Pantera made their own classic rock feel to this album. I don't have a favourite song all of them kick ass. I love everything about this album and hate nothing about it. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again. This album is a must have for any fan of metal, classic rock and just about anyone that likes music. Pantera fans dont fear Dimebag still has pretty amazing guitar skills on this album even if it was released in 1985 it still kicks ass.

The Casualty
    Phil wasn't singing on this album, he didn't join until 1988 when Power Metal was released. You're thinking of Terry Glaze who sang on this album, as well as Project In The Jungle.
    Rock Adio 77
    yeah man....DAVID!...what the hell is that!? And ive heard phil play drums on the three vulgar videos from hell, he's not that bad, but not nearly as good as vinnie! R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 1966--2004
    530-333-1962
    Pantera can lick my hairy nutsacks, especially Dime"doosh" darrell. Btw what the f is up with the album cover?! Looks like a big round pink pussy.
    perilouspete
    baspvn wrote: before you write a review get their names right
    agreed. kinda discredits the whole review.
    tulsa29
    they wrote ''power metal'' with glaze and then they found phil n ****ed terry off and phil sang on this album. Anyone who has listened to this album you cant say phil isn't singing just because he's not screaming. so mother****er???
    TrendKiller88
    The David he is talking about is David Peacock. Sounds redicolus, but he realy sang for Pantera. Not on this album though. He never realy was on an album. After Glaze left the band they hired this guy for about a month, and then they discovered Phil, and ditched this guy.
    slihard
    you cant get this cd in stores anymore its a self released record by vinnie and darrells dad its hella hard to find i have power metal though
    DeathForAll
    OK, I might understand mixing up the band members, but "David"? Who the hell is David? Never heard the album. It'd be cool to listen to, though.
    two time felon
    I LOVE PANTERA! I have never seen this cd for sale anywhere though tell me where to get this peice of work, I need to hear it for myself
    serbusfish
    david!? who the hell is david? terry glaze on vocals, vinnie paul on drums, diamond darrell on guitar, rex rocker on bass
    chikenpoop666
    530-333-1962 : Pantera can lick my hairy nutsacks, especially Dime"doosh" darrell. Btw what the f is up with the album cover?! Looks like a big round pink pussy nice spelling job numbnuts, go live in a hole where did you get this album anyways, i've been looking everywhere for it RIP Dime