Piss review by Pantera

• Released: Apr 12, 2012
Pantera: Piss

The final single from the great Pantera has finally been released. If you enjoyed the sound and power of "Vulgar" then you will love this single (especially since it was made for this album). It's been about 20 years since "Vulgar" was made so for the 20th anniversary they decided to release this track. They've stated that it is the only unreleased Pantera track, unfortunately. I'd call this song a good heavy metal/groove metal song. Obviously being the legendary Pantera they added their own feel to it. There's not a lot to say about this since it is after all only one song. But I can promise everyone who enjoys Pantera that this song is filled with the original Pantera aggression and power.

The lyrics on this song aren't phenomenal to be honest. To me the lyrics seem to talk about a spoiled rich person who thinks the whole world owes him something, and the person speaking in the song (let's just go with Phil) wants to basically kill him. I'll probably get some hate for this but I can only give the lyrics a seven due to the fact that the lyrics aren't really creative, sorry to say. But on this song Phil's voice does sound rather good. His voice helps bring out the lyrics quite a bit, it's the classic Phil voice (again because it was meant for "Vulgar").

I'll only give this song an eight overall because the lyrics aren't overly creative, and the music doesn't stand out to an extreme amount. At the end of the day it's still an unused song. But saying that, the song is still amazing. I think if you want a brand new Pantera song that's killer, you might be a little disappointed. If you go into knowing it was an unreleased song you'll be impressed. I personally believe they should've used this track on the main album because it does have the overall feel of the album and isn't a bad track. If you haven't heard this track yet, go check it out!

iommi600
    I heard it yesterday and I was really surprised. I had no idea that they were coming up with this single. I totally dig it, good old Pantera brutality.
    Megadethfan245
    prepostrophy wrote: You mean Vulgar Display of Power?
    Yes, but I thought it seemed obvious so I just put Vulgar instead.
    Mike Quall
    one of the riffs in this song is used in use my third arm on far beyond driven where the lyrics go "half assed for most is life." it really sounds better in use my third arm
    BillR87
    Its just great to have some new pantera to listen to I ****in love it
    Basti95
    Fair review. It's a cool song but inevitably you can really tell there's something's missing.
    )ThunderhorsE(
    yeah the main riff of this song and the first lyrics are from Use My Third Arm. I was kind of disappointed in that fact, but it was pretty damn awesome nonetheless. \m/
    DavidMcMillan
    As a huge pantera fan i felt this song was great although slightly dissapointing, it does have that killer thrash sound from Vulgar which is sweet BUT i can see why it wasnt included in the Vulgar display of power album release, the lyrics are catchy but simple and the fact ive heard the main groove riff in Use my thrid arm from their Far Beyond Driven album didnt help
    powachord
    Ibeanez wrote: They're holding out. They'll release "Vinegar" later.
    Lol i see what u did there.
    dropclutchfan1
    the song was ok but there was a reason it didn't make it to the album and thats because its a forgettable song
    saint_berzerker
    Damn, I miss these guys. I remember seeing "mouth" on headbangers ball back in the day and was blown away. They gave metal a serious kick in the a** back then.
    CoolMcAwesome
    anyone else ever notice how the postings here are monitored and censored like it was Nazi Germany?