Reinventing Hell: The Best Of review by Pantera

• Released: Jan 1, 2003
Pantera: Reinventing Hell: The Best Of

Over all this album had everything the pantera fans could want from the common songs like walk and mouth of war to the less common ones like immortally insane and the badge. The sound of dimebags chugging guitars and vince's kickass kick drumming and rex's (brown) low bass lines combined with phill screaming his ass off all together made this album possible th best album they've done because it's got a little bit of the last four (studio) albums allthough there was only one slow song on there (planet caravan) unless you count cemetary gates as a slow song. This album could have been better by adding some classics like godamm electric or the art of shredding but it's still a great album to put in your CD player, pick up your guitar and just shred to.

As always phill's screams would give you nightmares, if your not into this kind of music, the lyrics we'll look at another reveiw about the album in question. The singing styles in this album we're mixed beacause you have songs from Cowboy from hell, reinventing the steel, far beyond driven, vulgar display of power and the great southern trendkill and it has some rare songs the badge and immortally insane.

In my opinion they could have put a few more songs on the CD such as primal concrete sledge, thirteen steps to nowhere and godamm electric, yet the album was convinient to listen to because if your listening to it in a CD player you don't have to keep changing the album if you wanna listen to some heavy pantera. The last four tracks we're my fravorite on that album, the chainsaw like riffs and brutal lyrics we're amazing. If I lost this album I would either cry or go and buy another one, the bonus DVD was a good mix of video's yet I was a bit disapointed because there was only two live songs but they we're great to watch. Buy this album if you don't have!

tulsa29
    ledzppln1969 wrote: im sorry, but "walk" is a terrible song. boring lyrics, boring riff over and over. dont know why everyone thinks its so great. the rest of the songs are good though, ill not argue that.
    walk was an ok song i think it lost it's edge because everyone played it and obsessed over it too much but ye i agree with you
    The*Reaper
    It should have A New Level on it the best song on Vulgar display Of Power. It's better than Mouth For War, Walk, and This Love. Dimebag did some nice guitar work in this song.
    fishcrumble
    This really should have had Regular People (Conceit) on it somewhere. I think it tops Drag the Waters and Where You Come From by a mile.
    FearOfTheDuck
    I got this album in 06 or 07, it was my first taste of pantera! I remember being blown away, just sitting with my sony walkman like "YYEEEEAH!" reading the booklet! And i had no idea dimebag was dead, gutted :/