Reinventing the Steel review by Pantera

• Released: Mar 21, 2000
Pantera: Reinventing the Steel

This album is their most underrated. The sound is Dimebag, man. You can't beat it, his tone alone could take over the world. Powerful is one way to describe it, but that's not enough credit. Phil Anselmo, man. His voice is amazing, clean singing and screaming. Powerful. During Goddamn Electric, when he's screaming "electricccc," it sounds Goddamned Electric. Pantera in itself defines power metal, this CD is power. My favorite song on this is Revolution Is My Name. The intro to that song is awesome. And Dimebag, man. His solos are epic, so full of soul and heart and so mindblowing, mindblowing in amazing and that they explode your head. Plus a guest appearance of Slayer's Kerry King on Goddamn Electric. Sweet.

The lyrics are just as good as the other CDs, nothing to really stand out though except Goddamned Electric and Revolution Is My Name. Phil can really sing though and he sounds so awesome. And, in true Pantera fashion, everything fits, drums, guitar, bass, and Phils voice. It's all one huge roundhouse kick in the face, and then a few more while you're down.

Pantera was so origional and so good. They are the lords of power, so damn almighty that its amazing. This is a CD you have to listen to loud as balls. It stands with Pantera's other gems i.e. their whole dicography. Don't underrate this album, buy it.

kfong03
    i think the first reviewer (i_baked_cookies) must be a 12 yr old, all that "man" "man" "man" "phil anselmo, man" etc DUDE CUT OUT ALL THE MAN
    Smithsc
    sooo under rated! this album is one of their best! better than trendkill in my opinion! death rattle is so brutal! and the rest of the album is just as great!
    Silas S Thompso
    To the first guy, I don't think that Pantera's power metal. Manowar's power metal. These guys are groove metal.
    SGofawesome
    530-333-1962 wrote: Pantera can lick my hairy nutsack, especially Dime"doosh" Darrell. got a problem? Didn't think so.
    1. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FUCKHEAD EVER! 2. douche, not doosh. 3. If you're gonna rag on dimebag, do it right. Example - Douchebag Darrell 4. I do have a problem, and it's with the biggest faggit i have ever met.
    Dimefan1993
    Yeah I got a problem! You got a problem with me having a problem? Didn't ****ing think so.
    Blood Hawk
    I loved this album to deth when came out.It was my first metal record I ever listened too. When my brother got this album i would always steal it from him (Along his Reign In Blood CD) and just listen to them on the way to school. I was only in 2nd grade and i was already listening to Slayer and Pantera back then. Aw good times good times.
    wildchild6660
    revolution is my name is one of my favorite pantera songs. Best song for head bangin. but i haven't listened to the rest of the album.
    530-333-1962