The Best Of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern review by Pantera

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
Pantera: The Best Of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern

A punch in the face. Vulgar, hellish, driven, trendkilling, cold hard re-invented steel. Pretty much sums it up. Considering it is a greatest hits CD. It's a good CD, has some of my favorite Pantera songs, its got 3 covers (Hole In The Sky [Black Sabbath], Planet Carvaan [Black Sabbath], Cat Scratch Fever [Ted Nuget]). Along with the live track, "Where You Come From". Its timelined oriented, the Cd starts otu with "Cowboys From Hell", and fitting ends with the "Hole In The Sky" cover. RIP Dimebag. Vinnie Pauls drummign skills are great, like a pounding thunder. Along wtih Dime's guitar the crackles and shreks and the pounding bass work by Rex. Good Stuff!

This is a various collection of songs over the years obviosuly, the lyrics in the songs range. Theres the more "love" if you will oriented songs like "Cemetary Gates" and "This Love". The more fast paced in your face metal style we all know Pantera for, such as: "Cowboys From Hell", "Mouth for War", "Revolution Is My Name", and "Goddamn Electric". Phil Anselmo is a great vocalist, he can sing and scream, his voice is almsot like a cement mixer. Dimebag has done agreta job with the overall tone of the guitar, like the song "This Love" its both loud and angry yet calming and haunting.

I love this CD, partly because all my favorites are on ehre so I dont have to switch from CD to CD for a song I wanna hear they are all right hear. Probably the most liked songs of mine that are on this disc are "Hole In The Sky" cover, Revolution is my Name" "Walk" "Mouth for War", "This Love", "Goddamn Electric", ok so its basically half the album, but it's great! Pantera came a revolutionized metal in the 90's one of the most phenominal bands of all time, along with guitarist Dimebag Darrel (RIP). I would buy this again if it was stolen, or even if I just wore the damn thing out! Pantera will live on.