The Best Of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern review by Pantera

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
Pantera: The Best Of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern

Pantera's sound is sort of like a guy coming up and punching you and you punching back, but his buddies see and they all come up and beat the crap out of you. The band consists of only Phil on vocals, Dime on guitar, Rex on bass, and Vinnie Paul on drums, but it's still some of the best and heaviest metal you'll hear. This best of features all their hits, including two rarities, and a bonus DVD with 11 videos. Dime's guuitar work is heavy and amazing technical yet simple, Phil's vocals can be melodic and slow or heavy and screamy/ barky, Rex's bass playing is thundering and he can definetly hold the rhythm while Dime solos, and Vinnie Paul's drumming is heavy and usually features a cool shuffle. All the songs are real heavy and all the parts work well together. There are only screams when there need to, only solos when there needs to be. It's great, heavy stuff!

Phil's lyrics seem to be written from the heart and how he felt; there's no sugar coated crap and nothings embelished that doesn't need to be. All the feeling of the words fit well together with how the music makes you feel. There simple and tough, nothing sweet or sissy; tough southern stuff.

The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! is a great CD. It features all of Pantera's best songs, including "Cowboys from Hell", "Cemetery Gates", "Walk", "This Love" and "Planet Caravan", as well as two rare tracks "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Hole in The Sky". It also a DVD, with videos for their hits and a few other songs and live performances of "Drag The Waters" and "Primal Concrete Sledge". I love how this CD has all their hits plus the DVD and rare tracks, all for 10 dollars from my pocket. If you like Pantera but just want to hear their popular songs, get this CD/DVD. It's great for die hard fans, too!

shugo449
    Maggotkiller wrote: Pantera is my favorite band EVER!!! DimeBag died on my birthday December 8th,2004 (R.I.P.) Pantera's two best songs IMO are Cemetary Gates and This Love.
    you can say something not many others can either you feel special on your B-Day, or you feel depressed, I bet.
    Cpt. FLue
    I don't understand.. What's wrong with Phil? What can he possibly have done so bad so the whole world will hate him? I find it disgusting. You guys should really see the movies where he clearly states "I'm sorry!". Just write "Phil talking about Dime" on youtube.com. I've never hated the guy. Maybe he was on drugs but you know.. It wasn't cause of Phil he died.. It was some mad crazy son of a bitch fan who killed him. It had nothing to do with Phil. What the **** is your problem? Dime LEFT the band! He wanted to play an other genre so he would leave the band anyway! Man.. How the **** would you have Phil foresee that Dime would die?!