The Best Of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern review by Pantera

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
Pantera: The Best Of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern

Pantera has been my favorite band for quite some time now, I find the drums and the guitar most captivating, with the amazing fills and the blazing guitar solos. It's pure metal, and the whole album captures them in their prime, back when metal was everywhere. I really enjoy that I can listen to my favorite songs in one CD, with other songs that keep me on my toes. The record composes of soft tracks, as well as tracks you can certainly headbang to. It's definitely worth picking up if you're into death metal.

Phil from Pantera certainly possesses talent, and his screams, such a commonplace as "Cowboys From Hell", tie in with Dimebag Darrell's spectacular riffs. I wish there had been more of a deeper subject to the songs, but I really like the tone and quality. I feel that the lyrics should have been a little deeper, as to convey the message in a stronger manner. Practically every song includes Phil's voice, and Phil makes a giant contribution to Pantera and their unique sound. They fit out from your stereotype death metal band with piercing screams, not hearing the lyrics at all. If you like that kind of music, you will definitely be enlightened by the contents of this CD.

This album from Pantera is surely the best, and is a great summary of their music. It leaves out the ok tracks, and leaves in the great tracks that made them, such as "Walk". This is included in my favorite songs in the CD, such as "Cowboys From Hell", "Cemetery Gates", and "This Love". The CD has captured their covers, such as "Cat Scratch Fever", which can arguably the death metal version of the song itself, and is, in perspective, better than the original track from Ted Nugent himself. This is great to buy, especially if you would like to enlarge your collection of metal CDs.

SGofawesome
    hawkdude9 wrote: you know what i noticed? the title is all their 90s albums put together, except for reinventing the steel unless you count the
    Reinventing the steel isn't 90's anyway, it's 2000.