The Great Southern Trendkill review by Pantera

• Released: May 7, 1996
Pantera: The Great Southern Trendkill

The sound on this album is just incredible and mind blowing and it is one of Pantera's heaviest work's ever. Dimebag, man where do I even begin. Dimebag is a mindblowing dedicated guitarist just putting his heart and soul into that amazing thing called the "guitar" on this album. Vinnie Paul is thundering amazing when it comes down to playing those drums man he is one of the best drummers ever. Well Rex is a pretty cool bassist and he really shows he can play that loud and crazy thing on this album.

Phil is an amazing singing singing about drugs, kicking ass and a bunch of other stuff. Phil has always been one of the best songwriters because he plans out his lyrics very well and on this album he included screaming in 3 songs and I personally like it when he screams because I find it is really cool when he screams.

This album cannot compare to any other albums because it is one of those albums that cannot compare to any albums because it just blows me away. I dont have a favourite song on this album all of them kick ass and all of them have amazing guitar solos. I love everything about this album and I hate nothing about this album because come on what is there to hate it's Pantera for christ sake! I would defenitely buy this album because it is one of the best album I own right now. I wouldnt really recommend this album to people who want to try out Pantera's sound I think that they should get CFH, VDOP and FBD B4 getting this masterpiece to see what Pantera sound like. I would recommend this album to everyone in the world because it is just terrific!

South-of-Heaven
    i didnt dig the suicide notes but 10s and floods are awesome, so are war nerve, 13 steps, drag the waters, the first half of trendkill, and the underground in america. rock on!!
    ninja3
    This album I considered phil's album...He is the power and force behind the great southern trendkill....he screams viciously throughout this album....awesome test of vocal strength.