The Great Southern Trendkill review by Pantera

• Released: May 7, 1996
Pantera: The Great Southern Trendkill

Pantera are easily my favorite band. I heard most of their other albums and I decide to take listen to The great southern trend-kill. This album unbelievably heavy, all you have to do is listen the opening track to decide if you like the album the album because it opens with a load of screams and this basically sets the course for what's up ahead. Anyway, I decided to do some research and find why this album is heavy enough to crush an elephant, according to wiki and a few other sites the albums main theme is drug abuse and alcohol addiction and the pain of try to fight the addiction.

The lyrics are quite good pantera styled stuff but a lot more shouting and screaming and generally more noise. The lyrics are all about addiction and pain and the instruments do a good job of expressing anger, for example there is a song called 'suicide note pt 1'(there is also a part two) which is quite slow and the lyric suite the instrument part perfect then part two it gets loud. Phil (the singer) has always been a great singer and he can sing in a lot of different styles and he makes it sound good in sorta his own way.

The great southern trend kill is pantera's over looked album, and I sorta get this because it was an extreme turn for pantera, what I mean is the fans all like the thrash style, although the thrash side was heavy this is mega compared to that. There is one track on this which has may be Dime's greatest solo? Which is Floods this track is amazing. I like this album a lot and if stole I probably get it again. I seriously recommend checking it out.

Sparda93
    If you ask me, this is the pshycopsychotic side of Pantera, this contains elements of insanity the previous albums don`t, this is when Phil was at his strongest, and his singing and screaming especially just blasts straight through mountains. 9/10 The riffs just don`t even need mentioning, it`s Dimebag, you just know the riffs will be far above typical or average, no mention needed. Listen to it, always and never.