Vulgar Display of Power review by Pantera

• Released: Jan 1, 1992
Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power

The sound on Vulgar Display of Power was a step up from CFH. It was the start of the sonic force of metal. Pantera did it better than anyone has or will. Dime's riff are both complex and simple at the same giving into some amazing textures. Phil's constant screams help give added crunch in a lot of songs. Overall in my opinion this is Pantera's best album.

Phil really got his head out of his ass on this one. Instead of going for overall sound, he went more along the lines of brutality. This is were all the sounds that would be Pantera I think were created. The songs range from good to amazing lyric wise. With the amazing out doing the good.

When this album came out not really sounded like it. I feel that the song that really sticks out is Regular People: Conceit. I love the guitar riff in that song. Nothing really bad can be said about this album. It has amazing sound and can easily not leave your player for a while. It is worth buying it, new people to Pantera or to heavy metal should definetly get a copy. It is a piece of metal music that is unreplacable.