Vulgar Display of Power review by Pantera

• Released: Feb 25, 1992
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power

Wow. Just wow. Pantera is an amazing band, and this is an amazing album from an amazing band. Seriously, this album is as good as thrash metal gets. Dime's (RIP) ripping guitar, Rex's furious bass, Vinnie's pummeling drums and Phil's intense vocals give this album a vibe like no other. Anyone who says they like metal should get this album.

The lyrics could be horrible, and they'd still be amazing, thanks to the way mr. Anselmo delivers them. But, they're all good, all about being pissed, kicking ass and taking names.

This is Pantera's best album. All the songs are good. 01. Mouth For War - very thrashy, heavy and brutal. great song 4/5. 02. A New Level - from the start, its not too heavy, and after the adrenaline rus h from track 1's Breakdown, youd apt to change it. That'd be a mistake. Great song. Very thrashy and angry 4/5. 03. Walk - very good song. A little slow, but good. I've heard it too much though, so it got old for me. But it's still good 3.8/5. 04. Fucking Hostile - one of the best metal songs ever written. Good, intelligent lyrics, although you might not figure it by the name. Great song, thrashy as it gets 5/5. 05. This Love - everyone else likes it, it never really appealed to me 2/5. 06. Rise - thrashy and heavy, it screams go kill someone. Amazing song 5/5. 07. No Good (Attack The Radical) - good song, I like how Phil mumbles the lyrics in the beginning under the awesome bassline. Very cool song 4/5. 08. Live In A Hole - good song. A little quirky, what with the talk-box riff, but a cool song nonetheless 4/5. 09. Regular People (Conceit) - my favorite song on the album. Thrash all the way through, with evil, ass kicking and profane lyrics to boot. Awesome 5/5. 10. By Demons Be Driven - pretty good song. This and This Love are the weaker ones, but yet, they still kick ass. This song isn't talked about much, but it's good. I just don't like it 2/5. 11. Hollow - great ballad. Amazing song. 'nuff said. Especially the 5 second breakdown in the heavy part. Listen to it and you/ll see what I mean 5/5.