Vulgar Display of Power review by Pantera

• Released: Feb 25, 1992
Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power

Sitting here listening to Vulgar Display Of Power by the metal giants Pantera, I can not think of a more perfect, heavy, in your face metal album ever! VDOP delivers some of Panteras best work ever, and trust me that's saying a lot considering I personally love everything they have ever done. But there second major label effort Vulgar serves up what it title implies, a Vulgar Display of Power! And in reality that is what Pantera are all about, Power, and trust me they deliver the power in this one.

The lyrics on this album are some of Phil's best work ever, gotta be some of the best metal lyrics you will ever hear on this album. Anything dealing with Strength, Dealing with Prejiduce, Satan, or the loss of a close one. This album also serves up some of the best metal chant songs ever, songs like Walk, This Love, A New Level and f--king Hostile are a few of the great songs to chug back some beers and sing along to. Unbeleivable Lyrics.

One of the best metal albums ever. If you are a fan of metal and do not have it, get your ass off the computer and go f--kin' buy it please! If someone stole this album from me I would have to go buy another one, plug it into my car, turn it full blast, and find whoever stole this CD from me and use my Vulgar Display Of Power on them.

P0RN0GRAFFITI
    Also i prefer CFH Because it is less heavy. The vocals in it are Alot better in the album
    FadeToBlack2404
    6black6label6 : I picked this up on casette and it ****ing owns...but its no CFH or GSTK
    ehh i see the argument over CFH and Vulgar, but I think Vulgar beats GSTK by a lot
    666feetunder
    stone_gossard : SeattleJEM7 wrote: JoeBender wrote: No offense, but does anyone over 20 even like Pantera?! im 20 and i love Pantera! i got into them at the time Reinventing the Steel came out. Goddamn Electric was the first song that got me into them, but seriously, all of their albums are great. although i dont know much about the ones before Anselmo joined. The ones before Anselmo join just suck. Anselmo turned Pantera huge.
    Anselmo wouldn't have been shit without Dime (R.I.P) He in my honest opinion he is What their fans went to go see...along with the mosh pits He Produced Most of Records along with Vinne I love Anselmo but to say he made Pantera is a insult on Pantera part
    leather.rebel
    Shredder Guitar wrote: um what the hell the first review says "its their best album" basically and the overall score is a 6/10. did i miss something???
    ye gopher636 is a twat
    stone_gossard
    The ones before Anselmo join just suck. Anselmo turned Pantera huge.
    chiliwillifreak
    Korntera wrote: how the **** can Gopher636 give walk,there best song to date a 3.8.Plus,this love is a classic.how can u give it a score like that.
    You like korn???
    SeattleJEM7
    JoeBender wrote: No offense, but does anyone over 20 even like Pantera?!
    The_Man_IV
    Amazing Record Im glad my buddys dad got it for me on a Tape FUcking Heavy Shit!!! The guitar Tone Is probuly my Fav On this Album From Darrell!! Rock In peace Bro! Keep ON RockiN!
    Killingyouguy
    this album is simply the most aggressive thing I've ever heard. It's not the heaviest, it's not the most technical, in fact, that's why it's so aggressive. The actual riffs (not the solo's, which are amazingly complicated) are very simple and primitive. what I mean is, while bands like Slayer and Exodus say things like, "I'll burn your flesh off and throw you down into hell for satan!" These guys are just like "I want to punch you in the face!" And something about that primitive, primal rage, is just so damn awesome!
    MuRph83
    good to see this album still getting good reviews. No metal collection is complete without this album....or any Pantera album for that matter
    thoraxe
    *raises hand* I'm 14.I prefer Cowboys but I still like Vulgar cause it is one of the heaiest albums ever made.Cemetary Gates is still the best song though
    hanktehlordochi
    Haha i like all the badass 12, 13, and 14 year olds in here! I'm a 15 year old, so its not even cool that I listen to Pantera anymore!
    gynther flynt
    I wouldn't re-buy this album because I bought a second copy incase something happened to this, actually I didn't but I definetly should've done that. I just like the whole album.
    WHAT?!?!
    Pantera90
    P0RN0GRAFFITI wrote: f0x_guitarist wrote: umm late much? ??
    I think he's saying cause the album was released in 1992..hah, whatever. The feeling lives on forever, doesn't matter how old it is.
    dio_dude
    p.s. I agree wit south-of-heaven. I am 13 and i would say sumfin like that.