Vulgar Display of Power review by Pantera

• Released: Feb 25, 1992
Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power

The sound on Vulgar Display Of Power is heavy, brutal and everything Pantera fans want. The line up of songs are: Mouth Of War, A new Level, Walk, F--king Hostile, This Love, Rise, No Good, Live In A Hole, Regular people, By Demons Be Driven and Hollow. To most people's opinion this is the best Pantera album, but I don't agree, it is a magnificent album though. Darrell Dimebag Abott's riffs are as amazing as ever and Vinnie's (drummer) drumming is fast, thudding and amazing.

Lyrics in the album are about society and politics in most of the songs. In F--king Hostile one part of the lyrics are "You're writing tickets man, my mum got jumped they ran," that's saying the police force n america sucks ass basically, that song just bitches about america's problems. Phil's lyrics are brutal sang/screamed extremely well and the lyrics fit well in every song.

Compared to the other Pantera albums most people with say this is the best one but I don't think it is, it is amazing though. The most incredible songs on this album are: F--king Hostile and (by popular vote) Walk. I love everything about this album, the chainsaw riffs are amazing, the lightening fast drums and bass are great and the brutal lyrics mean something and are very inspiring. If I lost this album I wouldn't be too bothered because I have the Reinventing Hell album and I have all the songs on my computer. Over all this album should please any Pantera fan but if your new to pantera start on an earlier album such as Cowboys From Hell or something.

gh2dude
    im gettin tired of walk.its really not that great,plus ive heard 1000 times.mouth for war and by demons be driven are the best songs