Getting Away With Murder review by Papa Roach

• Released: Aug 30, 2004
Papa Roach: Getting Away With Murder

Yet another evolution for Papa Roach. This album seems to be the perfect mix between infest and lovehatetragedy. A few of the songs have harder beats and more screaming with a little rap. When others such as "Scars" have a melodic tune with Jacoby showing that he really can sing! Jerry plays a lot more up on the higher strings this time around... with even an acousticy opening to "Sometimes". They mix the sounds of punk and dave's hard hitting metal sound drums. A great new yet old sound from Papa Roach.

Jacoby does it again. Giving us another cd that we can relate too. With songs about trying to help your friends through their problems to more relationship trouble. He has definatly improved his skills as a singer exploring with different kinds of music. He brings back some rap and screaming but overall its more like the lyrics on LoveHateTragedy. Jacoby has definatly put everything into this album and deserves to be congradulated for this.

This is Papa Roach's best album so far I think. It mixes their last 2 together for a perfect blend of a great cd. Although old Papa Roach fans may hear it and not like it as much. I promise in time it will grow on anyone who gives it a chance. This album will have you rocking out in your car for sure. And when you buy it at best buy you get free unreleased Papa Roach songs off napster. Which both are ausome also if I say so myself. Overall Getting Away With Murder gives you what you have asked for over the past years and then some. It also comes with a "Making of Getting Away With Murder" on their cd. I would definatly buy this cd again!