Getting Away With Murder review by Papa Roach

• Released: Aug 30, 2004
Papa Roach: Getting Away With Murder

The sound of the whole album is amazing. The drum n the guitar combines very well. There is less rap and more scream/sing. He can rap but sing is just better for him. This album shows Coby (the vocalist) has real telent. They are no just another bands that sellout. The flow of the album is great. They put a powerful track "Blood" as the first track. And put the rock ballad such as "Scars" in the middle. And then back to those powerful tracks "Tyranny Of Normality", "Do Or Die" in the end.

Most of the people can relate to the lyrics. The lyrics show how Coby lives and feels. Successful lyrics is always something true. It can always touch the listeners' hearts. Coby has improved the way he writes. He can really express how he feels through the lyrics. He is trying to help others to get through the problems he has been going through. "No, I'm not a failure, I got something to prove", "Does anyone around me feel the same, Put your fist up and vent your pain" are obiviously that he wanna help the people outside who feel unrespected or mistreated. Also, the songs in the album have different subjects. Like "Scars" is about love, "Getting Away With Murder" is about their political views, "Take Me" is about mistreated and ignorance.

It's definitely the best one of Papa Roach. They have grown up. The lyrics are no longer about a sad childhood or broken home. The music are no longer just "sad" or "angry". Many bands never changed themselves after released the success of one album because they averse to take the risk. But Papa Roach do. And this change let us see a different side of them, the side of their telented. If I lost it or broke it, I would definitely buy it again. It is one of the best album this year.