Getting Away With Murder review by Papa Roach

• Released: Aug 30, 2004
Papa Roach: Getting Away With Murder

I always thought Papa Roach was pretty good, but then Lovehatetragedy comes along and screws that up completely. I thought the cd sucked and was lacking any good songs, and at the time actually prefered the rap (Infest) to the rock (Lovehatetragedy) with them. Fast forward a few years. Now they release Getting Away With Murder. I was very skeptical as to whether it would be a good album. I saw the vid for "Getting Away With Murder" and that changed. The song was great, and I've probably listened to it a few hundred times and counting. Well, everyone knows the sophomore album of most bands suck, so couldn't expect much more, but most bands dont recover from a flop like Papa Roach did with Lovehatetragedy. This album is great, just to say the least. It kills both albums. The album is also vastly different from itself. Each song is very different from the rest of the album and holds a lot of different styles all in one album.

Lyrically, the song is what you'd expect from Papa Roach, but so much more at the same time. The lyrics are very different for each song with some being of drugs, and other being of politics. Lyrics work well with the music on every song. I always thought Coby had a decent voice, but that he should put it to good use other than rapping, which has been done with this album and really works better than the previous style.

Overall, its a great album, can't say I hate anything about it thankfully. The best songs are Getting Away With Murder, Scars, Blood, and Be Free. In the case that it was lost, stolen, or broken, I'd buy it again.