Getting Away With Murder review by Papa Roach

• Released: Aug 30, 2004
Papa Roach: Getting Away With Murder

It's a great sound quality. Plenty of variety in the tone of the music, but not much in the instruments. They used a lot of different tunings. The vocals do the songs justice. The lead singer screams alot, so that adds a nice little twist.

The lyrics are very emo (emotional). They talk a lot about what many average americans deal with in life. Betrayal, heart breaks, life lessons, the whole nine yards. Of course, emo music is somewhat gothic, so that's a little bit of a turn off, when or if that happens. But it didn't this time. The lyrics work so well with the instruments that it turned out more rock than gothic. Big thumbs up on that. The singer, like I said before, is an amazing vocalist. However, screaming through half the album is not the way to the love of the fans.

I really don't think you can compare this to anyone/thing else, because it's different from everything in some way. My personal favorites songs are Blood, Not Listening, Take Me, Getting Away With Murder, Do Or Die, Scars, and almost every other song on the album. The only songs I don't like are Tyranny Of Normality, and Blanket Of Fear. The rest are good. I would definitely buy this album again.