Getting Away With Murder review by Papa Roach

• Released: Aug 30, 2004
Papa Roach: Getting Away With Murder

If you listened to this record right after hearing Infest than you will swear up and down that this CD was done by a completely different band. The sound is more poppy and not as heavy as infest and is even poppier than lovehatetragedy. The lyrics are emotional but I wish that the emotions where angrier like on Infest. The guitars aren't as heavy and the record seems like it was made to be even more accesible than Lovehatetragedy.

If the band members had dyed black hair and swoops than they would be emo. The songs are definately emotional but I'm not sure that Jacoby Shaddix's voice was meant for crooning like on this album. Nothing realy special. The best hooks are in "Getting Away With Murder," "Scars" and the opening lines to "Blood." Not totally bad but not good compared to their earlier work.

This seemed like an exoerimental record for them. I've noticed that ever since Infest they have started getting softer and softer. This is probably their worst album. Lovehatetragedy was somewhat emotional but they still had some heavy stuff thrown in. The heaviest stuff on this record is "Getting Away With Murder."