Getting Away With Murder review by Papa Roach

• Released: Aug 30, 2004
Papa Roach: Getting Away With Murder

All right, this is my favorite CD by Papa Roach, and I'm writing this after the Paramour Sessions came out. I'm not saying the other CDs by P Roach aren't good, but this is my favorite sound from them so far, since they are always changing the way they sound. Jacoby does a great job as usual on vocals, I will go in depth later. Tobin has a ton of good bass lines, best parts are in Stop Looking Start Seeing- I'm not a bass player, but I think he throws in some slaps in the outro and bridge, and they sound killer. Jerry comes up with a lot of good guitar riffs, like the Do or Die intro/verse and Take Me, both great songs. Dave uses a lot of good drum lines to make his parts sound amazing, especially in the Not Listening choruses and the solo in the outro. Overall there isn't a bad song, and eaach track flows smoothly into the next.

On GAWM, Jacoby uses some screaming and singing like normal to make his parts sound good. He also has a lot of good lyrics, like in Not Listening he goes "If not me, then who? If not now, then when?", and in the CD booklet this is addressed to the commander in chief, making it seem even cooler. His voice is a perfect fit for the band's style, and this is a fun CD to sing.

Like I already said, this is my favorite CD by P Roach. There's nothing below amazing on this CD. The best songs would have to be Not Listening, Take Me, and Tyranny of Normality, which has a sick bridge. This was the 2nd CD I bought by P Roach, now I'm a huge fan and have all four. Definetly a must buy for fans of P-Roach, or any of their songs in general.