Infest review by Papa Roach

• Released: Jan 1, 2000
Papa Roach: Infest

Papa Roach's sound during this album is rap metal. Personally I can't stand rap, but I like this since it has a rippin' guitar behind. Papa Roach's guitarist is not the best in the world but he does show a little technique on Last Resort. I guess Papa Roach can be defined as "nu-metal", but this album is better than most nu-metal crap. The guitarist tunes different though then most other nu-metal bands. Instead of tuning so low there's now reason for a bass he just tunes it drop D, which is fine in my opinion. All and all I like Papa Roach's sound.

The lyrics are pretty good. All the songs on here have morales to the songs. Last Resort talks about suicide (which is wrong), Broken talks about a young man having to endure the hardships of having his parent's divorced. That was just two of the eleven songs that have meanings to them. Coby's singing (rapping) I think it's okay. I especially like his singing on Last Resort and Between Angels and Insects, despite all the cussing. They are going to have to change the way they sing in the future, because rap-metal is on its way out.

This is Papa Roach's best album. To tell the truth I've never heard their other album but from what I've heard this record is better. The best songs are Infest, Last Resort, Broken Home, Between Angels and Insects, and Blood Brothers. I like the lyrics and the guitar, though I could do without the cussing. I think this album is worth your money.