Infest review by Papa Roach

• Released: Jan 1, 2000
Papa Roach: Infest

This is the first CD I heard by Papa Roach, and it made me like the band. It's a really good sounding CD, and I don't even normally listen to rap-rock. Coby does a good job choosing when to rap or sing (there are a few songs that don't even have rap), and does a good job in general singing. One of the best songs is Binge, which is entirely sung, and sounds really good. Tobin has good bass lines, especially in the second part of Thrown Away (after the intermission). Jerry also has great guitar riffs, especially in songs like Last Resort and Blood Brothers, but my favorite is definetly Between Angels and Insects. Dave Buckner does an awesome job drumming, the Blood Brothers intro and Thrown Away (entire song) are a ton of fun to play. All of the songs flow together nicely, and there aren't any parts that I even consider skipping. Overall, a ten here.

Like I said before, Coby does a perfect job choosing between rap or singing, and when he picks one of the two, it sounds amazing. Best song for singing is Binge, the lyrics are about being alcoholic and sound really cool put together with the rest of the music. I really can't listen to rap by itself, but this CD sounds good in my opinion with the rap. Another good mention for singing is Broken Home, the lyrics fit together well, and add energy to the music.

This is the only rap-rock album from P-Roach, so you really can't compare it to their other music. However, it's a good CD and worth buying. There's nothing bad on it, and there is a lot of esceptional material. My favorite song is definetly Thrown Away, mostly because I like long songs, but also the second part sounds really cool and couldn't be better for any of the insruments. The first part is also awesome, wasting no time starting off loud and heavy, and not letting up until the intermission thing, which sounds pretty cool stashed there in between halves of the song.

shiznac
    to the review that said that this was papa roaches only rap-rock album, look at their indie lable