Lovehatetragedy review by Papa Roach

• Released: Jun 18, 2002
Papa Roach: Lovehatetragedy

I went out and bought this album the week it came out. I loved their first album infest so much that I went out and bought this one thinking it would be similar. Boy was I wrong. The first song sounds like it was recorded in my garage. Fortunately that is the only place where the production isn't up to snuff. The sound is a lot less screaming and face melting metal and a lot more melody and poppy rock. Their are a few bright moments but overall not what I expected at all.

The lyrics overall weren't that bad. Their where some great lines and cool choruses on this album but again it caught me by surprise considering the lyrics weren't as heavy metal but would have felt at place on an emo record (some of the lyrics not all of them). Not bad but I their should have been more mosh moments.

It is not a bad record and I do like it but I would have liked it a lot more if it was by another band, or if it had come after Getting Away With The Murder instead of Infest. It's a good second effort but in my mind it will never live up to Infest partially because it was a more mainstream sound. Overall this is probably their most accesable record. If it where stolen I don't know if I would buy it again but at the least I would burn it from a friend.