Lovehatetragedy review by Papa Roach

• Released: Jun 18, 2002
Papa Roach: Lovehatetragedy

Lovehatetragedy is definetly a different sound for P-Roach after Infest, but it's for better, rap rock was dying out, and this CD sounds amazing. Jacoby Shaddix does a great job on vocals, especially the lyrics/rap section of She Loves Me Not. Jerry comes up with more cool guitar lines, especially Decompression Period. Tobin comes up with more good bass lines (Code Of Energy) and Dave Buckner proves once again he is an amazing drummer with lines like the Time And Time Again verse. Overall the CD sounds really cool, and there isn't a boring moment in it.

Jacoby does a good job singing on this CD, a clean transition out of rap. The vocals do a perfect job of complimenting the music, especially in She Loves Me Not, where Jacoby throws rap back in during the bridge, and it sounds amazing. The only problm with the lyrics is Singular Indestructable Droid, because I have no idea what it's about and it doesn't seem to be about anything anyway. Whatever, I still like the song, I just don't see it's point.

This is a really cool album, a step in the right direction for P-Roach. They changed their image without losing any talent or power and transitioned perfectly out of rap-rock. If someone stole it, I would definetly get it again, but not necessarily right away, it was hard enough to find in the first place.

ambrus90
    I still consider this as their best release, playing these guitar lines along with the songs playing is great fun