The Paramour Sessions review by Papa Roach

• Released: Sep 11, 2006
Papa Roach: The Paramour Sessions

If you didn't like the rapping that made papa roach famous with "Infest" way back when, don't buy this CD. That set aside, this, in my opinion, is their best album yet. The first single "...To Be Loved" isn't the best song on the album, but it doesn't stray that far from that kind of style, there's no rapping on this record. Most of the chorus' in each song are strong and catchy. "Roses On My Grave", the finishing track is backed by an orchestra, and that sounds pretty crazy on a Papa Roach album. Their newer style is more inventive, but follows the trend they have been going in.

The lyrics are typical Jacoby Shaddix lyrics. They're not that great. Songs about love and hate, etc. "Take A Look At The World Around You" isn't orginal, but it is as good as papa roach's lyrics will get, I believe. Jacoby made amazing progress with his voice! He doesn't sound as constipated as he did on a few tracks on lovehate and murder. The lyrics aren't impressive, but with the music, and jacoby's voice, quite awesome!

I think they're going in the right direction, as people who liked the nu-metal rap stuff won't agree. "My Heart Is A Fist" in my opinion is the one that makes the best impression on first listens, so perhaps you guys can check that out to see if you're gonna like this album or not. Like I said, if you loved infest and thought lovehatetragedy and Getting Away With Murder sucked. This isn't the album for you. However, if you liked the trend they started going in, this is the next step up. My thumbs up!

wes_borland
    12-string wrote: ermmmm.....do these reviews not contradict eachother? Oh well, its just peoples opinions I guess, im not gonna buy the album anyway.
    who actually buys albums anymore... i no it's not the right thing to do but i'd rather download it off the net... and if i don't like it "hey" at least i didn't waste my 20$ buying this piece of crap and all i gotta do is press the little delete button on the side...snoochie boochies..lol
    bigredjj10
    I dont give a shit what anyone says, i think this is their best damned album. And im not just a fan defending it, i love it, i dont think its to damn cliche, because it isnt, i can tell its p-roach. You always compare their albums to infest, WHEN ALL OF THEM SOUND FUKING DIFFERENT. If you hate them, dont even write a bullshit review, or even if you only like rapcore, cuz its good for a band to change their sound. I am not just saying it, I heard the song to be loved onthe radio, and when the lyrics came in i new it wasjacoby, and i loved it. This shit is theshit. So fuk off on the comments if it the genre didnt appeal to you, cuz you cat say a band sucks just cuz you didnt think it is the beast
    bigredjj10
    Canadian_Bacon wrote: WTF IS THE GUY REVIEWING? i thought the cd is ****in excellent. I hat ethese guys who just one sided judgmental idiots. WHat's wrong with the cd? SO WHAT? they're not goin back to they rapcore, they want to expand and I thought this cd is plenty full of catchy hooks.. Maybe not like last reasort but however this cd is full of wicked songs and a lot of good riffs. So whoever reviewd this album should check their freaking hearing.
    i agree