The Paramour Sessions review by Papa Roach

• Released: Sep 11, 2006
Papa Roach: The Paramour Sessions

This is one of the best sounding albums I have ever heard. It was put together perfectly, no flaws anywhere I could find. Dave Buckners drumning was strong. On many of the softer songs, it kept them energetic, yet still kept them powerful, and also made harder ones harder with the pounding rythms. Tobin's bass line in all the songs was awesome, very deep, and powerful, giving songs power. There was two guitars on this album, and they meshed together like magic. Jacoby's vocals I would give 100%, just stunning, and the backing vocals from Jerry, Tobin and Dave just gave these songs power and emotion. The album I found a lot like other rock bands, yet still original and unique in it's own way, as in it is Papa Roach. This album is the softest album they have produced, but the best.

The lyrics blew me away. Jacoby is a very good lyrical writer, they are his own, always powerful, and shows many sides to him. he just writes songs so beautifully. Jacobys voice is one of the best of today, not many can match his range, and his scream just gets me every time.

This is their best album yet, I usually just download albums, but I had to buy their latest instalment into their collection. I listen to this everyday before work. All P-Roach albums are good, but it is hard to compare them, because each sounds so different, (a strong thing about them). My favorite songs are Alive ('N Out of Control), I'll Devise My Own Demise, My Heart is a Fist, and Time is Running out. But, it's hard to say this because they all are so great. This is a hard review to write, because I can't find any flaws. Props to Jacoby, Jerry, tobin and Dave.

Fossilized Love
    just cuz it doesnt sound like infest doesnt mean its bullfukingshit and not damn original.
    Sorry to burst your bubble and push you off your high-and-mighty throne, but The Paramour Sessions is far, far, far, far from original.
    Graphix
    you dont have to have be great at writing songs to get famous and sell alot of albums look at fall out boy no talent or skill in that band at all.
    savagerules
    its a classic sell out story, but who cares. if you like it buy it, if you dont like it dont buy it. SIMPLE
    Guitar_Poet
    Fossilized Love
    Guitar_Poet wrote: and no, i dont think this band is the "beast," rofl infest was cool, but everything else was pretty cliche, not really knew. but i guess one cant expect every band to always do something no one has ever done before... thats a very hard thing to ask of people. =/
    Exactly. Either bands evolve into something better, or they degrade themselves entirely. It's a simple win/lose situation.
    SOTY13
    Fuck all of you people who think Papa Roach r sellouts OK this is their best album of their career by far.I can't stand rap metal now but I grew up 2 it so I respect it.Getting Away With Murder was a good album but still had guitar riffs for rap/metal even though their wasn't any rapping.The Paramour Sessions is just pure awesome every bit of rap style music has gone and its just such a fresh new style of hard rock.Jacoby Shaddix's singing just gets better and better remember this was a guy who used rap and couldn't sing or remember the lyrics of the Nirvana song Lithium not bad for sellouts eh.....Right I'll give my ratings and comments on each song. 1.To Be Loved-Catchy,good guitar work and well written song 9/10 2.Alive(N Out of Control)Brill hard rock song 9/10 3.Crash (Nice guitar work and a catchy but heavy song 9/10 4.The World Around You-1 of the stand out songs on this cd brill guitar work and lethal vocals 10/10 5.Forever-Another stand out song.This song has brill vocals on it and the lyrics r well written and very passionate.10/10 6.I Devise My Own Demise-Nice ctachy song 8/10 7.Time Is Running Out-Another stand out by the time u reached this point of the cd u know their music has changed completely 10/10 8.What Do You Do?Very good Bon Jovi sounding song 8/10 9.My Heart Is Fist- Smart well written song 8/10 10.No More Secrets-Very nice catchy song 8/10 11.Reckless-Another Bon Jovi sounding song very nice song though 8/10 12.The Fire-Catchy song with good guitar work 8/10 13.Roses On My Grave-Different from all the rest but good nonetheless 9/10 Awesome cd believe me get off ur arses and buy it