The Paramour Sessions review by Papa Roach

• Released: Sep 11, 2006
Papa Roach: The Paramour Sessions

This album is my favorite from Papa Roach. In this one they use a softer lighter sound. There are no songs with the old rap lyircs, like Last Resort. It is called The Paramour Sessions because it was recorded in the Paramour Massion in CLaifornia. This album has a new metal sound, with some classic Papa Roach.

Jacoby Shaddix is awesome in both writing and singing the songs. The lyrics sound great with the music most of the time. The lyrics get straight to the point of the song. They don't drag just to add time. The lyrics really make you relate to the song. And they are really powerful. One of the most powerful lyrics was from the song Alive(N' out of control). This is the lyric, "Sick of the Pain I'm sick of the Sorrow Sick of today I'm sick of Tomorrow I'm addicted to the misery in my head I better stop before I end up dead."

It is the best Papa roach album, in my opinion. The song that impressed me were Roses on my Grave and Reckless. Roses On My Grave was impressive because it just from a soft song to a harder, louder one and still sounds awesome. Reckless was a song I really like because most times songs like this are pretty bad. Jusy a guy singing about how crazy he is and how he shows off but this one was different it was more I need to stop being stupid before I die. If it got lost/stolen I would buy a new one without thinking twice.

arok5
    I in alot of ways agree with people who say that the Paramour Sessions is definitely not typical "old school" Papa Roach. On the other hand, it is not the worst CD out there either. I was a bit disappointed at first, but after listening to the album a bit more, I really started to like it more and more. It is not Infest, and I agree, I like that Papa Roach the best, but this isn't bad. It's a decent album from and excellent band. Half this album really rocks! The rest is just ok. But I did just see Papa Roach live the other day for the third time and to spite the fact that they toned themselves down on the majority of this new album, they did nothing to alter their unforgettable crazy amazing live shows!!!!! Papa Roach, Infest style will return!!!!! Until then, enjoy this pretty good album!
    RockMusicFan
    Yeah Papa Roach is increible live, I saw them for the third time last week as well. When I first got this album, I was definitely dissapointed that it wasn't mainly the good hard rock sound that they have made before. I would have like it if the album sounded more along the lines of Alive and Crash, but this record shows the growth of the band. It definitely grew on me and I now love the album. I just hope they go more back to their roots on the next record.