All We Know Is Falling review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 24, 2009
Paramore: All We Know Is Falling

The debut album from Paramore is not what I would class as up-to-scratch in sound. Some of the hits like "Emergency" and "Pressure" sound brilliant, but the rest of the tracks don't sound like they have been given the same level of commitment. The opening track, "All We Know", is good, but still sound amatuerish to me. The same goes for quite a few tracks on here, like "Brighter" and "Never Let This Go". Though good, they lack the commitment and effort that the band had given to the bigger songs (such as the ones previously mentioned).

Hayley Williams is a fantastic singer, but it barely shows through on some of these tracks. It's clear of her talent on tracks like "Woah" and "Here We Go Again". The backing vocals, though overdubs, sound pretty good too as they show Williams' talent for harmony as well as melody. Some of the lyrics on here are a little bit weak, though, which brings my rating of them down by some degree.

I like this album. Plain and simple. It's no where near as good as the new album, Riot!, but it's still good for a debut. As with every album, there's areas that can be worked on to improve it, but for now, it's a good effort. Not fantastic, but good. I think it's definately worth the money, but it's one of those albums where you can listen to it once or twice and then put it away for a month or so before you can listen to it again.

x_camisado
    I disagree. It's not as touched up, but its an amazing album. They gained masses of fans from this album - it is something special. My Heart really shows off hayley's voice and the writing talent of the band, that song becoming a fan favourite. Conspiracy is also a very good song, Franklin is the slow song of the album, and its touching. Birghter is a stunning, Here We Go Again is catchy and a song that has potential, although the chorus is different from what you'd expect when you listen to the intro. Never Let This Go is my favourite song and I personally think it is the second best on the album. It's something that really connects you with the band and I think it's written well. Pressure, is a great song, though musically, its very simple, but hey green day have had a ton of albums just of simple songs. It's very addictive and so thats why its so popular. Emergency, is a great song, a slightly different style but nevertheless amazing. All We Know (first single off the album) is a great into song for the album, its full on, vocals amazing, great live. So yeah... thats just my view. sorry for boring you.
    bass1991guitar
    I heard this album and there are not that many overdubs. A couple of subtle vocal effects but hardly any dubbing.
    journeydeflep06
    I absolutely love this album. The reason I think is because Paramore has the "It" factor that very, VERY, few bands have today.