All We Know Is Falling review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 24, 2009
Paramore: All We Know Is Falling

As "all we know is falling" is their debut album, I can simply say: well done. It was recorded in only three weeks and shows a wide range of different songs. The album comprises not only fast and rock-like anthems, but also slower ones, e.g. "My Heart" or "Franklin", which absolutely show that Paramore has some extraordinary song-writers/singers/band members, as the slower songs are the ones that are said to require "real talent" - if it is right or not, one has to decide on their own. The one thing I absolutely love about the band is that their singer is female, Hayley Williams, a buoyant little woman, who has an incredible voice with an extraordinary range. The changes from very low to very high notes are mastered in an ideal way and let the songs shine in every way. When it comes to the story's of their songs, one has to bear in mind, that "Emergency" is about the separation of Hayleys and other band mates parents and contains therefore serious emotions, that can definitely be heard and are inevitably touching.

The lyrics differ in every song - none of the songs deal with the same topic. They are differentiated and show a great variety. Furthermore Hayley has a very clear pronounciation of the words, so the lyrics are also well understandable. To take up their song "Emergency" again, I think that this is the song where the lyrics fit the music best. With the very high notes during the refrain one can imagine someone really almost screaming "EMERGENCY" and the emotions that are expressed with the music and the lyrics are brought together in the best way possible.

Due to this being their debut album one can say that their style definitley has gotten more mature - one has to recall, the album was released on July 26th 2005 and now we have 2011. In my mind the most impressive songs are as mentioned so often before "Emergency" simply of the overwhelming emotions that are conveyed to the listeners, but also "Here We Go Again" and "Conspiracy". In comparison to their sequel albums I still have to say that this isn't my favourite album though. I prefer "Riot!" as contains, in my opinion, more songs that are some serious earworms (think of misery business or that's what you get, or when it rains or I can't even tell because every song actually is). "Brand New Eyes" is the other, third, album of Paramore and shows even more the progress from the "teenie-band" Paramore to the "mature and serious" Paramore, they are today. And what I can definitely say about this album is, that if it were stolen I would so definitely buy it again, because Paramore is one of the most inspiring bands I know.