brand new eyes review by Paramore

• Released: Sep 25, 2009
Paramore: brand new eyes

Paramore's third album has finally come and the first thing you hear is "Careful", the beginning similar to "Misery Business" but every track on Brand New Eyes is different then the next. Each melody more infectious every time you hear it. "Looking Up" reminded me of something Fall Out Boy would write and "Feeling Sorry" had a Jimmy Eat World feel to it. The song structure is simple, but not a bad simple. Every song is one that you'd want to scream at the top of your lungs. Hayley's voice has gotten a lot strong and on a few tracks like "Brick By Boring Brick", "Where The Lines Overlap", and "Playing God" The guys of Paramore lend their vocals to the song.

In "Ignorance" Hayley writes about her experience during the time when the other band members ignored her, written with witty lyrics like "well if you're gonna judge me then sentence me to another life." The song "Misguided Ghosts" was one of my favorite songs off the album. It starts with sweet acoustic guitar riffs and Hayley's voice comes in so beautifully. The chorus sings, "I'm just one of those ghosts, traveling endlessly. Don't need no road, in fact they follow me..." My favorite lyrics though come from "Playing God" where Hayley sings, "Next time you point a finger I'll bend it back and point you to the mirror." Hayley's voice has really become top notch. She must have gotten voice lessons because even through all the constant touring her voice has become stronger. Compared to the last two albums her voice is bigger and clearer than ever.

Compared to All We Know Is Falling, Paramore has matured as a band itself. Each band member went through their own problems, but the band stuck together and created their most amazing album yet, Brand new Eyes. I find that this album was more alternative/pop than pop punk/emo compared to the last two albums. I consider it "smart pop" with intelligent lyrics and melodies that get stuck in your head, swaying away from the usual lovey dovey songs that was heard more on All We Know Is Falling and Riot! "Misguided Ghosts" is one of my favorites because I can picture myself driving on a road alone listening to this feeling connected to everyone in the world. "All I Wanted" Is my favorite album off the CD. It's catchy, beautiful, and Hayley's voice is so stunning. I would definitely buy this CD again if it was stolen. On the international version "Decode" from the Twilight Soundtrack is added as the last track to Brand New Eyes.