brand new eyes review by Paramore

• Released: Sep 29, 2009
Paramore: brand new eyes

Paramore definitely gave the fans what they like about them. They didn't change their sound at all; on the contrary, they took the sound they already had and worked with it, making it grow up and mature in a positive way. That delayed guitar Paramore's fans love is still present (what a better way to remind fans of it than "Careful"'s intro). Zac Farro's drumming remains pretty good, entertaining, complex and elaborate. Personally, it's one of the things I like the most about Paramore. Fans will definitely like how Paramore sounds in this new record: exactly like the Paramore they loved from Riot and All We Know Is Falling.

Lyrics aren't that much changed either. Topics like feelings, love and friendship are pretty much present throughout the whole album. Then again, the work Hayley Williams does on her lyrics is really good, and so is her work in her singing. She has definitely evolved throughout her career, however her voice remains the same: nice to the hearing and mellow an catchy. After all, she is mainly Paramore's icon, and whenever someone thinks about Paramore he/she thinks about Hayley Williams. However, I didn't quite like "Misguided Ghosts". It's just not Hayley. It's an acoustic song, and it's not strange at all to hear Paramore going acoustic, but this one's a bit different to all the other acoustic stuff Paramore has done. It has that something that makes you nod and say 'c'mon Hayley, get back to Ignorance and Misery Business and Decode'. That's my personal opinion though, I'm sure lots of you will differ in my opinion about that song.

Overall, another great album by Paramore. Didn't let me down at all, and they have never done it. I've got almost everything they've released so far: The Summer Tic, All We Know is Falling, Riot, Live in the UK, Final Riot and Brand New Eyes. Paramore's distinctive sound remains the same, and it's something fans are really thankful for, I'm sure. I think it's highly recommendable if you enjoy Paramore's sound and similar sounding bands. Great job by these guys (and Hayley).