RIOT! review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Paramore: RIOT!

One word: wow! The title Riot! really does carry it's meaning across when listening to this album. Paramore have definitely matured both lyrically and musically on this album and it shows through fast paced fun. The band's style has changed quite a bit from the slow meaningful friendship rock to the fast paced raunchy pop/rock. And if the album cover and title doesn't stand out enough, their new sound will. Hayley Williams voice has matured a lot as well and you will notice that there isn't that girly singer anymore from the start of the album, but a strong women carrying a message across.

The lyrics have matured a lot and Hayley has definitely taken on writing a small story throughout the album. Sticking strongly to one topic the lyrics are brought across which make it more easier to understand compared to other band's lyrics which are normally metaphoric. On a scale, most of us have probably encountered things in our lives that resemble the lyrics of the album. The lyrics fit very well with the music which make the songs only more catchy and interesting, this gives the songs a more fun structure and makes experimenting space for the band to play around in which they do indeed.

If this album was stolen (God forbid) or lost (I don't think that will happen, I keep my CD collection in a safe lol) I would gladly buy it again. Every song on this album is brilliant, I admire the way the band have carried their sound constantly from the previous through to Riot but adding a little extra something called Amazingness! My favorite tracks are "For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic" and "Born For This" Hayley has definitely taken the marker to the next level with her voice and I have a smile every time I listen to a song, I'm sure will too.

:demanufacture:
    Paramore is 80% Hayley Williams. Her vocal talent is what sets them apart from being a standard-fare pop punk. Yeah, the guitar work is catchy, but it's nothing significant without Hayley in the frontlines.
    ShwagMan12
    the band is very talented and im looking forward to this! p.s. hayley williams is HOT.
    masterburrito
    this paramore cd was way better then there old one this one is way more musicly inclined and the lyrics sounds like there comming more from her heart
    RoCkInGcAtChEr
    ohh god this album is amazing! i agree with everything this says. Hallelujah also got alittle tweaked nad it sounds awesome!!
    TheGuitarDreams
    all we know is falling, awesome album. the summer tic ep didn't really do much for me, maybe this album will be awesome
    Supadude
    I haven't listened that much to it but after three "listenings" i came to the conclusion that i like the old one better...but i still think this is great!!!
    the1
    Good. Paramorefans.com kicks ass too. can't wait for RIOT!
    Brighter
    and I forgot to do some shameless self promotion, check out www.paramorefans.com and join the forums if you're not already a member we have the largest paramore forum out there it's always a party.
    Brighter
    At first I didn't like it because I was expecting something a lot edgier but after a few more listens it really grew on me.The only song I can't listen too is Pessimist because I listened to it too much before it leaked and Born For This is the same dealio. Brighter (hence the username) still remains my favorite Paramore song