RIOT! review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Paramore: RIOT!

From listening to Paramore for 2 years I have noticed a big change from their first album, All We Know is Falling to their new album, Riot! This album has a different sound to it compared to the debut album. The guitar parts in each song are a little different than the song before. Paramore spent the past 7 months working on this project and I feel that they did a great job.

The lyrics have a lot stronger of a message in this album compared to AWKIF. They seem to be even more personal which seems hard to imagine since Hayley Williams, their lead singer, has never had problems with making her lyrics personal. Her singing is a lot stronger and much more controlled in ths paticular album and it gives a good impression from the first moment you hear it.

As I said previosly it has a different feel than their debut album and I wouldn't mind listening to it a few times in a row. Personally, I think the lyrics in We Are Broken are the most powerful. The remake of their song Hallelujah can really turn heads with its more prominent guitar parts and small amounts of techno. The album, in short, is much better than their first, which is saying something. I would deffinetly buy it again if I were to lose it.(And that would really be a tragedy).

phoenix412
    First off....Paramore rocks my socks! Next, i love both albums but defnitely appreciate RIOT more just because after listening to it, i want to punch someone in the Face.
    guitarbaybii
    I can't decide which album is better so far.. All We Know is Falling or RIOT! I have to give RIOT! a few more listens before i can actually decide on this one.
    guitarrunner23
    ive listened to both cds multiple times and honestly... i like RIOT better than All We Know Is Falling. basically there are more songs on RIOT that i can appreciate. haley is a great vocalist but heres the other thing about her... she doesnt just do vocals. ive seen her play guitar and piano. of course it isnt just HER band but she is definitely the biggest part of it.
    guitarlas19
    I dislike Hayley's voice... to be honest, I'd compare it to a dying cat who happens to be clinging to a chalkboard by it's claws. But I suppose it's not as bad as some of the stuff people listen to.
    What are you thinking? Seriously I can't even imagine how your ears could be so messed up. If you actually listened to Paramore you would hear the amazing progress they have made and I resent that comment.