RIOT! review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Paramore: RIOT!

Paramore's music really evolved between 'All We Know is Falling' and 'Riot!' This could have been because of the lack of being rushed or simply having more time, but either way, it kicks ass. Most of the album's songs are about how the main character fell in love with and trusted Person A, and then that person totally disregarded it and sort of just walked away. The main style of the record is very alternative, although Paramore is a little different because their lead singer is a girl. Along with that, you always feel like something is going on all the time when listening to the songs. All in all, it's pretty sweet and it's the only thing I've been listening to since it was released.

The lyrics are pretty simple yet at the same time powerful. Even with their simplicity, you can tell a lot of creativity came in behind it. They seem very direct and straight to the point, for example in the song 'crushcrushcrush' they say, "I got a lot to say to you, yeah I got a lot to say." The lyrics comply with the music perfectly and there aren't any moments where I find myself saying that the two don't really fit together. The lead singer, Hayley, I have to say has a lot of skills. She hits every note, even live, and adds a ton to the music.

When you listen to it, you might find it comparable to all the other alternative records on the market, but when you really pay attention, you find a ton that makes it stand out from everything else. The best part is that there aren't any songs that could qualify as bad. It's one of those continuous albums that you don't find yourself skipping songs on when you listen to it. Obviously there are going to be songs that you like more than others, but every one of them has something that gives it its own special touch. There is absolutely nothing I don't like about it. If it were stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it again only because I imported it onto my itunes playlist. But if it so happened that the CD was gone and I lost the files on my computer, I'd be out the day it happened buying another copy, probably like 10 just in case the same thing ever happened again.

musicB0x
    Well done UG Team on an accurate and realistic review. Although i like Paramore, the selling point of the band is Hayley Williams. Toss in another singer who is less stylistic or classically talented and this band would be lost in hoards of other pop-rock bands that all sound alike.