RIOT! review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Paramore: RIOT!

Regardless of what one may want to believe, at least one band comes along every couple years that simply makes you say "wow!" Nashville based band, Paramore, is a great example of that. Lead singer Hayley Williams is a talented vocalist, who puts on a great live show, however, this article isn't about their live show, so let's get down to the point. Riot! is Paramore's most recent, and second overall album. Released in June of 2007, the best known song from the album is Misery Business. The album is flooded with examples of Hayley Williams' impressive range, and singing techniques. There's a wide range of styles on Riot!, from the calm sound of We Are Broken, to the powerful, somewhat-angry sound of Misery Business, to the jazzy feel of Fences. All styles are done brilliantly, and as with All We Know Is Falling, Paramore once again proves that they are the "real deal".

Paramore's lyrics on Riot! vary from cliche, to incredibly meaningful. On songs like "Born For This", "Decoy", and "Misery Business", the lyrics fit perfectly with the overall feeling of the song, and prove that modern music is much deeper than a simple puddle. On the other hand though, "Hallelujah" is filled with pure cheesiness. "Misery Business" is based on an experience from Hayley's school days, and her writing displays the level of emotion she felt at the time.

Overall, at this point in the year, Riot! would get my nomination for "Album Of 2007". It's a consistent album that I only ever have to skip over one song while listening to (Hallelujah). If you're new to Paramore (Or just haven't heard Riot! yet), I recommend checking out such songs as "Misery Business", "For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic", "Crushcrushcrush" and "Born For This". If you're a fan of music, you will enjoy this album. The only real knock on it is that "Decoy" is only included on the Hot Topic version of the album (seriously, why have different versions). Riot! is worth every cent that I paid for it.

ChemyVamp
    Plus, their a Christian band
    no they aren't a chritian band but they're christian
    HH_Emo_666
    i love paramore. my friend used to like them alot and tried getting me into them about 2 years ago, but i didnt wanna listen to a chick band. [well girl singing] and then this yr i listened to flyleaf [they kick ass] so im like "y not give paramore a chance" so i bought the cd and im in love with it!