RIOT! review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Paramore: RIOT!

The sound of this album is more mature than their debut All We Know Is Falling with some catchy riffs and solos, good drumming, good bass, the guitar could have been better but it's still ok and Hayley's vocals are simply amazing. During the making of this record Paramore did a contest called "The Last Song You Will Ever Sing" that was about sending a video of yourself singing to a paramore song and the winner recorded a song with them as extra vocals and the song was "Born For This". The sound of this album is pop-rock, not emo, neither punk it's pop-rock.

The lyrics off this album are mature and most of them are about love, but there are songs about the artists being dying ("Fences") rock & roll and little spies ("crushcrushcrush") giving your best ("Born For This") and other subjects the lyrics are great and you can actually relate to. The lyrics and the music fit together so good. And Hayley's singing skills are amazing, some will say "she sounds ust like Avril" but Avril singing skills are not that great or maybe she has never show it to us and if you want to hear the best lyrics and singing off the album just listen to "We Are Broken" (well to me that's the best song).

If I could compare it to other albums, well I don't know which one. The best songs are: "For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimstic" "crushcrushcrush" "We Are Broken" "Hallelujah" "Let The Flames Begin" and "When It Rains." What I love about this album is that it's one of those that you can hear it from start to end without skipping a song and I till now I'm not tired of listening to any song and what I hate it's not about the CD but the CD booklet that only have the lyrics to 4 songs ("Misery Business", "Let The Falmes Begin", "That's What You Get" and "For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic") but everything is alright. If it were stolen I'd buy it again.

GCT
    Paramore is cool. They are cool. They are better (and younger) than some of those persons who talkes bad about them and think they are cool because they listen to Belphgor.
    paramore_fans
    I prefer their 2005 All We Know Is Falling album!!! this band rocks!!! I love them!!! especially the music and the lyrics!!! I think Hayley Williams sounds like Avril Lavigne, Am I right???? to be honest it's true, I see their similarities!!! love them both!!!
    girl-tarist
    paramore_fans wrote: I think Hayley Williams sounds like Avril Lavigne, Am I right???? to be honest it's true, I see their similarities!!! love them both!!!
    UGH! Please don't compare Haley Williams' voice to Avril Lavigne! Haley's voice is literally 100000 times better than Avril's... especially live at concerts.
    i<3mUsIc
    It's a great album, very enjoyable to listen to and I always feel that I can relate to nearly every single song on that album. While Paramore may be sticking within their "safe" zone, it's still an awesome album.
    lem_ian
    Honestly, I don't like the the Riot! album that much. But it's still very good 'coz it still pleases people because of her voice. At first, when I heard the Misery Business, I thought it was Avril singin'. Haha! But for me, she sounded better than Avril. She's beautiful too. Although I don't like her hair in Riot!. And the good thing is, Hayley is a Christian.
    lem_ian
    By the way, she's beautiful in the video 'Pressure'. I really like her hair on that video.
    frothies
    the band's really maturing, and i can say that they're developing their own sound now. which is a good thing.
    paramore_fans
    spartan44R
    Guitarisdrummer: I LOVE THIS CD. Hayley Williams might be the best girl singer I've ever heard.
    i agree but i more than agree whit you there guitarisdrummer. Hayley has an amazing voice, the lyrics are catchy so is the guitar work and the drums are phenominal 10/10 from me and why not paramore rule!!! thats right paramore not just hayley. I think that paramore will become one of the best bands in ith 2008-2018 space of time if they carry on producing top quality pieces of music like crushcrushcrush and when it rains thanks for reading guys and sorry for the comment being so long
    whiteandblack
    I loved this cd Hayley is a great singer their sound is very soft & it's really catchy I loooooved it
    Lorenp
    paramore_fans wrote: You don't need to be a CHRISTIAN to sound good!!! For me, Avril sings better than Hayley, hotter, prettier, more talented and DOWN TO EARTH to her fans!!! because Avril plays guitar, piano and drums, she also writes her own songs, she can DANCE too hahaha
    Are you being serious? Avril Lavigne is more talented than Hayley Williams? Nah nah. When it comes to playing instruments, they are probably pretty even but Hayley Williams has a much better voice. C'mon Avril could never reach that notes, especially not live. And have you heard the song 'hot'? Anyway, yes, Paramore are awesome. They're blend of catchy lyrics and melodic rhythms are really good to hear. Seriously, I can listen to them for hours.