RIOT! review by Paramore

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Paramore: RIOT!

Riot! Is by far my favourite Paramore record. All We Know Is Falling only had a few songs I really liked compared to me liking ALL of Riot! 's songs. This CD was more Punk Rock, everyone stepped up their game. Hayley's vocals have improved a great deal, more powerful than before. Zac's drumming has become more complicated (in a good way). Jeremy's bass have improved with more licks, and Josh has upgraded his guitars and added more sound effects. Paramore are still improving their technique as you read this, I can't wait until their 3rd album.

The lyric's are fantastic. Everyone can relate to them, loving someone, getting your heart broken, and how girls are complete bitches. The lyric's and music go hand in hand, I the songs wouldn't be the same if the lyrics were different- it was meant to be. Hayley Williams- one of the greatest female vocalists of all time, and she's only 19. Such power, raw emotion, and great control. No one else can sing like her!

To be honest I've never heard a band quite like Paramore, so it's hard to compare them to another band. There has been a lot of hype about Hayley being compaired to Avril Lavigne, and Amy Lee. Pardon my french but I think that's bullshit because they all sing different styles. All of the tracks are brilliant! The ones that stood out the most to me were "Hallelujah"- because of Hayley's amazing voice, "Misery Business"- because of Josh's spunky riffage and solo, "Let the Flames Begin"- because of Zac's coordination on his kick drum and fills, and last but not least "Fences"- because of Jeremey's bluesy/rock licks. I loved every aspect of this record, if it where stolen/lost I would definitely buy it again. Paramore are so young and full of talent, they have achieved so much at a young age and have nowhere to go but up!

ravenouscabbage
    why the **** does everyone compare hayley and avril? theyre not that much alike really. jeez. i think riot! is a good album, better than the last one, but they aren't there yet. they could do much better and i agree that their lyrics are pretty crap.