The Final Riot [DVD] review by Paramore

• Released: Nov 25, 2008
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Paramore: The Final Riot [DVD]

A little over a year after the release of the critically acclaimed 2007 album 'RIOT! ', Franklin, TN's Paramore has, as their hit single 'Misery Business' predicted, watched their wildest dreams come true. Since the release of 'RIOT! ', Paramore have been nominated for a Grammy, an MTV VMA, won the Woodie of the Year award, been on the cover of Rock Bible Alternative Press twice (being heralded band of the year by editor's and readers alike), headlined two national tours and four warped Vans tours, and received their first RIAA Platinum Certification as sales for 'RIOT! ' still continue to build each week. Summer 2008 marked the end of the 'RIOT! ' era for Paramore as the band embarked on The Final RIOT! Summer Tour 2008, and director Brandon Chesbro was along for the ride, filming every second of the tour for the 'The Final RIOT! ' Live CD/DVD, in stores now on Fueled By Ramen. 'The Final RIOT! ' is a Live CD/DVD that documents the band in their most intimate moments on tour, with exclusive interviews with the band, full access behind the scenes and on the bus, at soundcheck, at rehearsals and more. On top of all that extra footage is an entire 15 song live set that was filmed at the Chicago stop of The Final RIOT! Tour, for what the band has called their 'Best Show ever! ' Join millions of fans around the world as they experience The Final RIOT!

Content — 9
01.Intro: nice little intro of the band just as their about to go on stage. Then Josh appears on stage playing a little intro he created, then Taylor joins in, as does Jeremy and Zac and then Hayley appears and they burst into... 02.Born For This: great song to start off the show as Hayley does some moshing and jumping around the stage and the band not missing a note of the song, with the crowd singing loudly back to the band. 03.That's What You Get: the band start off this song and the crowd go wild. Another great song 04.Here We Go Again: nice little song. Once again the crowd go wild. 05.Fences: haven't heard the band play this live in a while. Nice to hear it again. 06.Crushcrushcrush: the crowd sing at their possible loudest for this song. 07.Let The Flames Begin: do a nice little guitar intro for this song. One of the band's best song's. 08.When It Rains: nice soft song with the crowd singing along. 09.My Heart: the band perform an acoustic version that's quite good. Unfortunately no Screamo from Josh. 10.Decoy: a B-side on some versions of RIOT! A great song all aroun with Hayley hitting all notes. 11.Pressure: the crowd go crazy with this song. 12.For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic: one of the band's best song's and the band not missing a note. 13.We Are Broken: one of the soft song's but a brilliant one. 14.Emergency: the crowd go wild... yet again. Hallelujah: Great version of this song with Hayley singing a verse from Jeff Buckley's 'Hallelujah.' 15.Misery Business: great song, with Hayley hitting every note and doing a lot of moshing.

Production Quality — 9
Great camera views. With amazing view's of the crowd and the band and occasionally freeze-framing for the best parts of the show. Great production quality. Camera quality is amazing. Nice Sound. Can't complain about one thing on this DVD/CD it's simply amazing and it shortens the distance between the band's next album.

All around a good live DVD with the inclusion of the CD making it that much more better. Although Hayley missed a few notes during some part's of the show. If it were stolen I would hunt that person and torture them to death. I just love this DVD/CD I've listened or watched it at least once every day I just can't put it down!

ProgFolk12
    ^ I believe that is the only issue that needs discussing when talking about Paramore. Their music is ok i guess...
    GoldSoundzUKNZ
    stumaster18
    WOW I bought this today. it is amazing! I really wish I was there. I love Paramore, and cannot wait for their next album!
    chickrawker
    lethaldosage45 wrote: Why the hell would a noob band, with like two albums, go ahead and make their SECOND live album???? MONEY GRABBERS!
    or its just their label
    DemonHunter1904
    ptr362
    There's worse money grabbing bands out there mind. Look at Linkin Park for example, 7 albums, and only 3 are proper studio albums. Even my favourite 2 bands Iron Maiden and Megadeth release live and best of albums too often.
    mafyoo
    I want this album. I didn't get the last live one so I don't see a problem there. =P
    Leaderofmen
    kornstar116
    DemonHunter1904 wrote: To the guy who questions this band making a live cd... maybe they did it because there kind of what people call 'A Big Deal'. You'd be surprised how huge this band is in there genre. Hitting over a million on Myspace alone. And have you been to one of there concerts? This band has a HUGE fan base for being such a new band. Maybe that's why they did it. Sure, money could be a factor, but they made it, and people bought it. And it wasn't that expensive. I got it for 12 bucks at Hastings. Usually those cd's.dvd's are up to at least $20.
    honestly this is just going to be one big Avril Lavigne repeat. They are pretty good now but eventually they'll do the whole pop sellout thing once again like Avril and like Fall Out Boy. I believe they're actually playing at Z100's Jingle Ball this year. Its happening. To you personally i just laughed that your username is Demon Hunter and you're happy you saved 8 bucks on a Paramore DVD. Finally to the reviewer, to properly review something you need to not be incredibly biased or at least not show it in your reviews. Dont use so many superlatives.
    ChopSuey19
    Good god, who gives a damn about all this selling out shit? There is just one point that should be accepted. ONE. If YOU like the music, then listen to it. If they start making music you DON'T like, then don't listen to it. That simple. Give the whole "selling out" crap a break. Let bands be bands and quit holding them to these f**king "You must be loyal to the cult, Paramore!" crap.
    uwish888
    im from australia and i LOVE paramore and to all those paramore haters out there..ur all just jealous cause they're doin what u dont have the guts to do what they r ,and ur also jealous cause all u losers do is sit at hme on the computer and dis them..get a life ppl i have the cd/dvd and i rekon its heaps cool and if u dont like them then dont even bother writing anything about them cause it just proves that ur jealous...to all those paramore fans out there!! U ROK!!
    UOfan777
    led,rainsong wrote: I WAS AT THE CONCERT!!! I WAS KILLER! THERE WAS THIS CRAZY ASIAN KID WITH A MOHAWK AND NO SHIRT COVERED IN SWEAT (im pretty sure he was on X) AND HIM AND THIS OTHER GUY WERE TRYING TO GET US TO RUN INTO EACH OTHER! IT WAS KILLER! on a lighter note, seriously it was good but i wish they didn't do my heart acoustic
    i laughed when i saw that guy in the DVD... it was during Emergency i believe... ANYWAYS... this isnt as good as the reviewer makes it to be, there are some sketchy notes on Hayley's part, but some songs were spot on, mostly towards the end though... and the intro is pretty sweet, not gonna lie...
    rckrgurl
    personally i prefer her live voice it takes a bit of getting used to but at least you nd all know shes not miming. and props to her for being able to sing as well as she does, granted shes running around all the time and btw if you watch their acoustic sets she sounds flawless and you know thats her voice and not just a recording. i think she deserves a lot of credit
    pwninator123
    bands get almost nothing for album releases, they get nigh all their money from touring learn to accuse
    led,rainsong
    JessicaGonzo
    I skipped School Tuesday to go buy the Cd. Skipping School wasnt necessary but the cd is great.
    ThunderPX
    I wouldn't really call this their second. The first "live album" was a limited edition EP they sold on tour or something.
    Invoke
    didn't watch the dvd but I heard the cd, and it felt as if Hayley wasn't performing to her full potential up until the 4th or 5th song.
    Guitar_Jester
    xxmoshoutxx wrote: Felkara wrote: This is an appallingly written review and doesn't make me want to go out and buy this CD. However, I can excuse the revewer because this review does show an obvious enthusiasm for the band. Because they do put on an excellent live show
    Compared to what?
    |Heretic|
    Or their Record Label is making them. Or they are trying to get out of their current contract asap. Do you have any idea how Recording Contracts work? My guess is that their label is making them do it, more money for them. I'll probably pick it up sometime, I like Paramour so =).
    xxmoshoutxx
    Because they do put on an excellent live show
    em!ly
    wow i really cant wait to get this dvd for christmas now! i love paramore , and i cant wait for the new album , and hopefully a UK tour! great review btw
    ptr362
    does "Riot" really have to be emphasized? a good reviewer would be able to avoid overusing words like that by alternating the way that they refer to the live album other than by it's name. I also prefer review that are not bias, is there really no flaws worth mentioning or any reason people may not like the album?
    Guitar_Jester
    I like some of their songs. But they really are overrated. I got to see them one time live...it was not worth my money. Their performance was below avarage. But the crowd did got wild. Which was annoying because all these little girls were screaming along, and let me tell ya; that ain't nice to your ears. Moshing on stage on your own? Lame. But they are an good studio band. Gotta love Crushcrushcrush and Decoy.
    lethaldosage45
    Felkara
    killadroid
    Leaderofmen wrote: GoldSoundzUKNZ : it's good that she can actually sing live too. there's far too many bands that release live albums, and they can't sing, and that gets really disappointing. The band members drop the tunings an entire step lower sometimes to accommodate for her vocals. I own the cd/dvd/limited edition package and I am a big fan of them, but I'll be honest and say she could def sound better live. She sounds a lot deeper and little things like her "HEY JOSH!!!" in a weird tone before the Misery Business solo, the "WE ARE PARAMORE!" yelling, and little subtle note changes in That's What You Get make moments seem somewhat laughable.
    Dude, I FULLY know what you mean. When she says "There's a million other girls who do it just like you I spat out all the water I was drinking. Too jokes