The Final Riot [DVD] Review

Paramore: The Final Riot [DVD]
Released: November 25, 2008
Genre: Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Fueled By Ramen
It is the second official live album by the band Paramore and was released on November 25, 2008 with a bonus DVD containing the full live concert plus behind the scenes footage.
 Content: 8.5
 Production Quality: 8.5
 8.6
 8.9
 8.3
The Final Riot [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 26, 2008

Sound: A little over a year after the release of the critically acclaimed 2007 album 'RIOT! ', Franklin, TN's Paramore has, as their hit single 'Misery Business' predicted, watched their wildest dreams come true. Since the release of 'RIOT! ', Paramore have been nominated for a Grammy, an MTV VMA, won the Woodie of the Year award, been on the cover of Rock Bible Alternative Press twice (being heralded band of the year by editor's and readers alike), headlined two national tours and four warped Vans tours, and received their first RIAA Platinum Certification as sales for 'RIOT! ' still continue to build each week. Summer 2008 marked the end of the 'RIOT! ' era for Paramore as the band embarked on The Final RIOT! Summer Tour 2008, and director Brandon Chesbro was along for the ride, filming every second of the tour for the 'The Final RIOT! ' Live CD/DVD, in stores now on Fueled By Ramen. 'The Final RIOT! ' is a Live CD/DVD that documents the band in their most intimate moments on tour, with exclusive interviews with the band, full access behind the scenes and on the bus, at soundcheck, at rehearsals and more. On top of all that extra footage is an entire 15 song live set that was filmed at the Chicago stop of The Final RIOT! Tour, for what the band has called their 'Best Show ever! ' Join millions of fans around the world as they experience The Final RIOT! // 10

Overall Impression: All around a good live DVD with the inclusion of the CD making it that much more better. Although Hayley missed a few notes during some part's of the show. If it were stolen I would hunt that person and torture them to death. I just love this DVD/CD I've listened or watched it at least once every day I just can't put it down! // 10

The Final Riot [DVD] Reviewed by: idiotbox919, on august 21, 2009

Sound: Overall the sound on both the CD and accompanying CD are of a very high standard. The band rarely miss a note with Hayley also hitting the vast majority of hers (she misses a few here and there, but you can count them on a single hand) and the energy of the band captured well. Apart from the issues with the crowd mentioned later, everything comes through clearly. Generally, the live recording is of a good standard but I have a couple of problems with both the CD and the DVD. Firstly, on the CD the crowd levels seem too low. I don't necessarily think the crowd levels should be boosted, that's personal preference, but on some parts where the crowd have been invited to sing it seems incredibly quiet. My main problem with the sound on the DVD is that for a recording in 5.1 surround the rear channel is barely used, except for crowd noise, which as I stated earlier seems incredibly quiet, to me this seems a waste. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I would definately recommend this. It is by no means groundbreaking, but it ticks all the boxes without ever doing anything exceptional. As I mentioned earlier, special features are somewhat lacking when compared to the Lamb of God DVD I used as a comparison, however, Lamb of God outdid themselves with this and had I not been somewhat spoilt by their offering I may have rated the content here more favourably. The highlight of the DVD is definately the near perfect performance given by Hayley Williams, further confirming that she is an incredibly talented vocalist for someone of her age and experience. If it were stolen or lost I would definately buy another copy as I think it's a very well done CD/DVD set, as I stated it doesn't really do anything extra, but it does all the basics very well. // 8

Comments