Home Is For The Heartless [DVD] review by Parkway Drive

• Released: Jul 6, 2012
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Parkway Drive: Home Is For The Heartless [DVD]

"Home Is For The Heartless" is the second documentary DVD from Aussie hardcore rockers Pathway Drive, it documents the bands 2011 world tour with tons of live and backstage footage being narrated by the band. The sound of the live shows are on the most part great with a few exceptions with some of the smaller shows but that can be expected, Winston's vocals just keep getting more powerful and mature along with the sound of Parkway Drive.

Content — 9
This DVD is jam packed with everything Parkway showing the tour through Europe, Asia, North and South America and Australia dealing with broken ankles, dodgey stages, poverty, hilarious fans and still managing to jump off everything the can find, the live set is split into 3 separate shows which works great. Byron Bay 1. Sleepwalker 2. Karma 3. Romance Is Dead Sonisphere 4. Deliver Me 5. Home Is For The Heartless 6. Idols And Anchors Colombia 7. Unrest 8. Dead Mans Chest 9. Carrion They are all great but my personal fave is the Sonisphere set the way Winston controls the crown is amazing, the only real downside to this DVD is that the extras are minimal but there's so much in the documentary you won't even notice.

Production Quality — 9
Production is great which is to be expected with such a high profile band, the scene when the band's paddling around Maiorcha (not sure of the spelling) a little Spanish island is just breath taking the scenery is beautiful. Great production although nothing ground breaking.

Overall this an awesome DVD! I love that the band narrates the whole movie giving you a real insight into what the band is all about, the people the encounter and what its like to travel the world like no other. Being Parkway Drive it has some complete idiotic scenes like the first DVD giving it that charm that only Parkway have. Overall the documentary isn't as awe inspiring as the first DVD but it more than makes it up with a killer live set, if it were stolen I would hunt the bloke down and bang his mum in front of him. MUST have for any Parkway fan! Even people that aren't fans of the band will still find this enjoying, this is my first review so tell me what you think thanks for reading.

TheMetalcoreGuy
    "Home Is For The Heartless" is the second documentary DVD from Aussie hardcore rockers Pathway Drive" Pathway Drive? Never heard of them. And why are they stealing Parkway Drive's songs!
    BwareDWare94
    The only album I have is Horizons, but I must say that I've always been impressed with the emotion this band evokes in me as a listener when so many other metalcore bands fail to do so. There really is nothing extremely exciting about what they do musically, but if Carrion doesn't tear at your emotions for the 3-4 minutes that it plays, then I would have to say you're lying.
    GuitarQ33r0
    Love this band haven't got to check out the DVD yet. Also for some reason I thought it was Parkway Drive not Pathway Drive.
    jwalk3r
    Parkway Drive is the best modern metal band by far.. loved this DVD and i'm stoked for the new album Atlas.
    KittyCatRape
    It's Mallorca . Nice review!
    ssj3 barry
    Oh lol thought it was something like that, thanks
    kdownes
    It's actually Majorca, not that the spelling really matters. This is a great DVD. I think the tour footage even outshines the shows. More bands should do DVDs like this.
    fisharkangaroo
    I'm still wondering if UG now is just using typos for extra hits on each article and review nowadays. I mean it happens way more often then it should and the amount of comments that are posted about their grammar are endless...