Killing With a Smile review by Parkway Drive

• Released: Sep 12, 2005
Parkway Drive: Killing With a Smile

Parkway Drive, simply amazing! A band that has emerged as the biggest metalcore band in Australia in a very short amount of time. With the release of their debut EP "Don't Close Your Eyes" in 2004, the band came out pumping with the 2005 release "Killing With A Smile" full of massive metal riffs and breakdowns. The LP features 11 huge tracks including the hit "Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em" which was also on their 2004 EP. Also features something that we dont hear a lot of these days in metalcore, yes that's right, a guitar solo and a good one at that! It is easy to say that with the release of KWAS, Parkway Drive have set themselves up for the future.

Winston McAll does a fantastic job with his lyrics. He has so much meaning behind what he says and he his an amazing screamer. The first two lines of the first song on the album mean a lot to me "You could never be my envy, you could never be my jealousy."

This is by far the best album I own. I love this to death. It has influence my life in so many ways and I thank pwd for that. My favourite songs would be Gimme A D, Romance Is Dead, Picture, Perfect, Pathetic And Mutiny but they are all great. This is definantly an album that everyone needs to listen to at least once because it's absolutly mind blowing even if you are not into this style of music. Keep an eye for Parkway Drive touring with Miles Away all during March.

J C
    f*** yes i saw them live in wollongong on fri 7th april - they were awesome. My ears are still ringing.
    Juzomon
    My band got to play with PWD on their All Ages Assalt Tour - doubt I'll ever forget that night check out our band at www.myspace.com/stinnet and be our friend
    liledman_76
    definately 1 of the best bands going around and better yet theyre aussie!!! love this cd, pandora kicks ass and its hard to speak without a tongue is awesome
    seokorn
    these guys are the best. saw em on the 11th of november. blew me away with crymurder and himsa