Killing With a Smile review by Parkway Drive

• Released: Sep 12, 2005
Parkway Drive: Killing With a Smile

My first impression of the album was, don't hate me for this, I thought it was crap. Then I listened to it again and relized it was the love of my life! Don't ask me what made me change my mind dramaticly but I thank it. The riffs are frantic and the drums power this aussie masterpiece through some of the best metal I have ever heard.

The lyrics are some thing out of writers wet dream. The sad lyrics seem to intertwine with the agressive music so well that words can't explain it. And, for the record, Winston McCall's sceaming is brillent although hard to understand at times. On some of the tracks, like Romance Is Dead, you can feel the heartbreak and emotion that goes into the words.

This is by far my fav metal album. It's great to see more artist hitting the heavy scean. Every single song on this is a work of art but my favs are Romance Is Dead, Gimmie A D and Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em. If it got stolen or lost, I would cry, reject the world for thiry years to build a time machine to go to myself in the past to warn me and lock it in a safe with guard dogs. These guys, along with I Killed The Prom Queen, are leading the way for a new wave of aussie metal!