What I Want To Be Remembered For - Greatest Hits review by Paul Brandt

• Released: Nov 14, 2000
Paul Brandt: What I Want To Be Remembered For - Greatest Hits

I like the nice country sounds this has to offer. A lot of the songs have a few sweet guitar licks, like 'My Heart Has A History', were Paul Brand plays with a rock like accoustic tone. The album also has some softer songs. Anyone who likes easy listening should be all over this album. The only thing I don't like is no electric guitar. One song with an electric would have made this perfect.

Brandt is a pretty decent song writer and has some singing skills (he has won a few awards, lik best Canadian country singer or best country sing or something like that). My favorite song as far as the vocals go is 'What I Want To Be Remembered For'. I don't really like the singing on 'Yeah' but other people think it is great.

The best thing about this album is that you can just sit down, listen to it and just feel completly relaxed. Got a girlfriend? Want one? Some of the tracks on this album would be great for scoring with girls. This album is also very good for developing your ear. Try transcribing a few songs when you rush to your nearest music store to pick up a copy.