Get Out Of My Yard review by Paul Gilbert

• Released: Jul 17, 2006
Paul Gilbert: Get Out Of My Yard

Paul Gilbert has to be one of the best guitarists going. He and Mike szuter (guest bassist on tracks 8, 10, 11), jeff boweders (drums) and an occasional chip in from his wife emi have to be one of the tightest units going! This CD was his debut in the world of guitar instrumentals and boy did it make an impact, people order this CD like mad sales went through the roof. He uses all sorts of styles in his CD's mainly: Rock, Metal, Punk and neo-classical metal. One of the best albums I have ever bought!

No lyrics to talk about but the music itself is outstanding. Paul yet again proving that he is one of the greatest guitarist going and that it will be along time before anyone gets near him skill wise. The rest of the band are equally as good on their instruments making this album packed full of virtuoso skill.

It completely blows other shreddders out of the water e.g malmsteen, vai etc. The most impressve songs of the album have to be the title track for the use of the human capo and The curse of castle dragon for it's sheer technical difficulty and overall sound. I love the fact that Paul manufactered it himself, recorded it himself then released it, showing a great amount of dedication and independce. If it was stolen I would be on amazon straight away to buy me a new copy... it's a shredderd must!

akronos
    mad props to gilbert for being a true guitar hero, but i personally find a lot of his stuff kind of repetitious. i'd like this album a lot more if the drumming didnt sound so pedestrian. great bass player, though