Chaos And Creation In The Backyard review by Paul McCartney

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Paul McCartney: Chaos And Creation In The Backyard

The sonics on this album are well crafted and Nigel Goodrich added nicely to Paul's sound. It's melodic, complex sounding yet simple, heartfelt, lightweight, inspirational, emotional and meaningful. Paul McCartney was being challanged for one of the few times after the Beatles, he was made to work for the producer and the results are great. Paul uses many influences, you must view the accompaning making of DVD where Paul talks about these.

Since his 1st wife died, his lyrics have turned more introspective and that is a great thing as there is less trite as more of his songs reach you on a level and you can connect with them. I believe Paul is writing some of his best stuff since the Beatles on this album and also Flaming Pie.

This album is better than most released that year. Paul has no equal, you are always guaranteed a high quality of musicianship, catchy melodies and a certain feel with a McCartney album. All of the songs are great, there are no real rockers which is not as big a drawback that most make it, this is a mood album and a rocker or two would have thrown that feel out. It is a consistent album, perhaps the most since Band On The Run. I really like "Jenny Wren" and "Anyway" which will stand up to anything he did in his solo career. I would buy it again if I lost it, Paul has not lost it at all.

Trifonas
    one of the best Paul's albums. It doesn't lack anything. I think I'm gonna post a review.