Hits And History Review

Paul McCartney: Hits And History
Release Date: May 8, 2001
Label: Capitol
Genres: Pop/Rock, Album Rock, Soft Rock, Rock & Roll, Adult Contemporary
All the expected hits are here and more, ranging from spunky rockers and hook-rich bubblegum to syrup-drenched ballads.
 9.8
 9.7
 9.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Hits And History Reviewed by: gallagher2006, on may 08, 2006

Sound: We all knwo Paul McCartney on some level don't we. As far as his career goes, apart from the exception of Chaos And Creation, this is just about every great song from his solo years. Ranging from 1970 to 1982, all the hits are in here. But also the history section gives a unique insight into his favourite songs that didnt appear on the hits disc. The sound here is perfect as it captures every great and unique instrument to create the perfect sound. // 9

Lyrics: Well, as one of the greatest lyricists in the world, the lyrics are extremely well done. However, my only quarral is that his voice could have had a little work done as sometimes it just sounds although he is shouting and not actually singing, but then again most songs suit the voice style. Most of the lyrics are sort of sing-along-in-a-concert, but some exceptions offer a rare look into his love for the late Linda Mccartney. // 10

Overall Impression: As far as the songs go, if I had to pick the best three to go onto my mp3, I would choose: "Jet", "Let Me Roll It" and "Listen to what the man said". However, I plead with you not to just download these tracks, buy the album! This is one of those rare albums that come along once in a while that everyone should own. If I lost it, I would happily buy it again and I'm sure lots of other people will to. // 10

Comments