Memory Almost Full review by Paul McCartney

• Released: Jun 5, 2007
Paul McCartney: Memory Almost Full

You can hear all different styles of music on this album which is good but the sound I feel is a little over-produced. Things are too perfect. In my opinion the creativity was there when the songs were written but not when they were recorded. McCartney has often been criticised for relying on the Beatles for furthering his career. This album is no different. He has stuck to the stuff he knows will do well and that is in itself a little disappointing. Even the piano opening to 'House Of Wax' sounds strangely similar to 'You Never Give Me Your Money'.

Again, very Beatlesque. Even the song titles are typical of the Beatles like 'Mr. Bellamy' and 'Dance Tonight'. Songs like 'Mr. Bellamy' are sung quite well but as with a lot of McCartney stuff, certain vocals clash with vocals of other songs. Vocally, not too bad.

Songs like 'Feet In The Clouds' are full of vocoding (a recording technique typical of the 1990's) which proved to be rather disappointing to listen to. However I think it's good that McCartney has toyed with multiple sounds and styles to create a rather 'modern hippy' style album. I would recommend it to any bass player or Beatles fan as the CD is full of both awesome bass lines and a Beatles sound. All in all? It's worth a try.

belavista man
    I saw him performing a song from this album on the TV a week or so ago. It surprised me that he wasn't playing bass whilst performing it... just rhythm guitar.
    TheWorks
    wow, thats an amazing story. Please, have my babies. so what, he played guitar not bass, big deal
    Sloopy
    I thought this record was okay, he's done better. No idea why people say it's his best record in years.
    claptonfan55
    I thought this was a very good album overall. There are a few songs I need to get used to yet, but Paul did a good job. Only Mama Knows and Ever Present Past are my favorites off the album at this point.
    brantley23
    Great album, the songs just get stuck in your head. Only Mama Knows is one of his best songs as a solo artist I believe. Give the album a try, it flows well and grows on you.