Sunrise To Sunset Review

Paul Wright: Sunrise To Sunset
Release Date: Jul 19, 2005
Label: Gotee
Genres: CCM, Contemporary Gospel
Wright's intention is to engage on a much more optimistic level, beautifully inspired by his faith.
 7.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Sunrise To Sunset Reviewed by: wiggsy, on october 11, 2006

Sound: Paul Wright returns with his new offering of his own brand of modern rock: infusing hip-hop, reggae, pop, strumming acoustic rock, and even a bit of alternative rock. His pop/rock approaches are well calculated, and are pulled off well, with catchy acoustic hooks complimented by gentle harmonies. Even though this album has a full range of musical techniques, it strikes me overall as a very 'easy-listening' type musical offering; the tempo and mood is kept breezily warm, and the soft sounding vocals (both sung and rapped) can't help but make you smile on the inside. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are, like his debut album 'Fly Away', primarily centred around topics close to his heart. These include religion, his hobbies (hanging out with his mates and life on the beach), and girls. Although not mind blowing, the lyrics are well written, well structured, and at times using poetic license. Paul usually touches on ground already covered before him, and brings only enough origionality to stop it becomeing a little cheesy or cliched. Although not mind blowing, the lyrics are worth a listen. // 7

Overall Impression: My favorite track on this album would have to be 'Come around', an enjoyable track which broadcasts Paul Wright's best talents in guitaring, singing, and rapping. To get a taste of this album, I would sincerely recommend a listen to this track first. It's a great record to put on in the car while driving to work, to listen to while doing your homework, or to have on in the background if you are entertaining. I have not heard his first album, so I cannot really compare the two albums, but I will buy this record again having lost it already. // 7

Comments