Slanted And Enchanted review by Pavement

• Released: Apr 20, 1992
Pavement: Slanted And Enchanted

Slanted And Enchanted sounds like The Pixies and Blink 182 got in a fist fight with each other (except Pavement was before Blink). It is a raw sounding indie album. It is one of those albums in which you ask yourself genius or crap? It's like a bunch of failure musicians got together and made something amazing. Their loud distorted guitars are complimented by their sometimes melodic singing. It has awesome punk melodies with casual verses.

The singer cannot sing, but what his excuse is for singing fits the music perfectly. His lyrics are not that original but they still have style. His rhyming schemes do not always work, but they are always smooth and rhythmic.

This is a fun indie album that is none the less exciting, and rockin'. If you like that punk, indie, sound from the early '90s this is definetly a good album. The guy cannot sing, but this is none the less a great album. If it was lost or stolen I would buy it again. Best Songs: In The Mouth A Desert, Zurich Is Stained, Here, and Conduit For Sale!

FakePlasticMan
    golly I love this cd. beautiful lyrics in my opinion, contrary to the reviews. just gotta look into them a bit.